Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:07 AM

Microsoft Pre-TGS 2007 Press Briefing
Posted by XanTium | September 12 01:07 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Joystiq.com reported live from Microsoft"s Xbox 360 2007 pre-TGS briefing in Japan.

Here are the highlights:
* Unreal Engine 3-powered RPG Lost Odyssey is 95% completed. Lost Odyssey looks great, but the battle system appears to be quite dated (or traditional depending on which you prefer). Will be released on December 6th in Japan, February 2008 in USA, and the rest of Asia in January 2008.
* They're showing off the E3 trailer of Halo3.
* PGR4 is coming to Japan on 10/11 and Viva Pinata Party Animals is coming in 2007.
* Namco Bandai showing off a new trailer of Ace Combat 6 (which is an Xbox 360 timed exclusive if you'll recall). Will hit Japan on November 1st.
* Koei is showing off Dynasty Warriors 6, which will launch for PS3 and Xbox 360 at the same time this November.
* Trailer for the no-longer exclusive Devil May Cry 4, and say it will be on the Xbox 360 "early next year." It's unclear if the PS3 version has been delayed from its expected Q4 release or if both versions are coming out next year.
* Itagaki takes the stage and says this is the world premiere of Ninja Gaiden 2. He mentions the leak today (he calls it "the accident") so he's going to show off a new stage. The title is jam-packed with gore, handily earning it a Z (that's like an M/AO to us). Coming in 2008.
* They're showing off new pink and light blue wireless controllers coming 11/1 or 12/1 in Japan. They're also introducing the chatpad for the Japanese market, but there's no release date just yet.
* For Xbox Live Arcade, they're bringing Rez, Ikaruga, Every Extend Extra Extreme, EXIT, Omega Five, and Trigger Heart Exelica! Wowza!
* Square Enix shows Infinite Undiscovery, the fantasy RPG being developed by Tri-Ace, and Last Remnant.

Full report of the event: joystiq.com

#2 Software2

Software2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Computing, gaming, and uh... is there anything else in life?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:42 AM

SURPRISE! Ninja Gaiden 2! Our good buddy Tomonobu "Tekken sucks" Itagaki takes the stage and says this is the world premiere of the game. "We, Team Ninja, don't think the last Ninja Gaiden on Xbox was a masterpiece or such." What about Sigma on the PS3? Did you get it right by that point? He continues, "Many compromises there, ten or twenty features we could not implement then. This time, we can finally present those original ideas." It only took what ... four iterations?

The ever humble Itagaki barely squeaks out, "The Xbox 360 is the best game console on the earth and this game is gonna be the best on the console." To prove it, he's showing off some real-time footage of the title. He mentions the leak today (he calls it "the accident") so he's going to show off a new stage.

Something tells me they don't like Itagaki much... not that I can blame them.

#3 badass74

badass74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:08 AM

If you haven't checked there is a 60 sec Ninjs Gaiden 2 teaser trailer on marketplace.

#4 lmaolmao

lmaolmao

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:48 AM

itagaki is an idiot. plus ninja gaiden 2 looks the same as the ps3 one, but with arms coming off.

the only reason he hasnt done these "20 or so" features, iss cos the teams too lazy to make one version of a game and be done with it.

just wait for ninja gaiden 2 black, etc.

on the plus side, xbox live gets EXIT! on live arcade ?! awesome!

#5 mcklain

mcklain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

REZ on live arcade!

Oh yeah! beerchug.gif

#6 pinkerton

pinkerton

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

Looking forward to Rez! Little reason to dust off the old DC then

#7 elmo_sni

elmo_sni

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ninja gaiden 2... my dreams have finally come true, now if i can just live to play a game based on
stargate SG-1. maybe an RTS... i can think of a number of designs for it :-(

wishful thinking i suppose

#8 Software2

Software2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Computing, gaming, and uh... is there anything else in life?

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(elmo_sni @ Sep 12 2007, 04:10 AM) View Post

now if i can just live to play a game based on
stargate SG-1. maybe an RTS... i can think of a number of designs for it :-(
wishful thinking i suppose

http://en.wikipedia....Stargate_Worlds wink.gif

Yeah, I stopped believing anything Itagaki said somewhere around when DOAX came out. God hand my ass.
But oh, how those arcade titles excite me! biggrin.gif

#9 xboxgamer999

xboxgamer999

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

MS is releasing the game NG2 , instead of team ninja, putting it in league with halo 3 and mass effect as first party exclusives.

#10 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

* Square Enix shows Infinite Undiscovery, the fantasy RPG being developed by Tri-Ace, and Last Remnant.

That just made my day biggrin.gif

Although gamespy lists both as "no US release" mad.gif Hopefully it just means they haven't scheduled a US released yet. I have no problem with M$ trying to win the Japanese market with RPGs, but don't leave the people who already bought the console out in the cold. sleep.gif

EDIT: IGN lists both as "TBA" for the US, so most likely it will just be exclusive to Japan for the first few months like Blue Dragon was, which still sucks.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 12 September 2007 - 05:25 PM.

#11 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

REZ !!! on the XBLA love.gif love.gif love.gif Now my life will be complete...

easily one of the games in my top 10 of all time biggrin.gif

#12 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

rez and ikaruga! i can't wait. (assuming ikaruga is the game i think it is, think 1942/raiden/any other game like that, and give it dreamcast quality graphics)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users