2 replies to this topic

#1 Ep1X_

Ep1X_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hi,

today i got my very new tv (Toshiba 42 X 3000 P). I connected my old xbox and wondered about how blurry everything was. It looks like the resolution is streched and not supported by my tv.
The Xbox is connected with the normal scart cable. No Mods.
Do I need a special cable to get a good result?

#2 smoke_screen_uk

smoke_screen_uk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

First of all I'm guessing you're living in the UK or elsewhere in Europe as you are using a SCART cable. If so then your XBOX is probably a PAL one and is unable to use a Component Video cable (Unless you mod it so you can switch it to NTSC).

Using a Component Video cable gives you the option of 480p, 720p and 1080i HD Modes.

As you stated that your XBOX is not modded, the best you can get on a PAL box is 576i using an RGB SCART cable.

If your SCART cable is an RGB one, make sure you are connecting it to a SCART socket on your TV that supports RGB and make sure RGB is selected when you use it.

To stop the picture looking stretched (if you mean wider to fill your Widescreen TV) go into the MS Dash > Settings > Video > Mode and set it to Widescreen. This will make circular things look round again and not ovals.

Hope this helps,
Smoke Screen UK

#3 AliasCT

AliasCT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

smoke_screen_uk is right. If the tv accepts component in (not through scart) and the xbox is modded, you can use the enigmah switch to make the Pal box into a US box, and then you can use 480p, 720p and 1080i HD modes.

Otherwise I believe you're stuck with normal resolutions, which might look blurry on a bigger screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users