#1 nooky

nooky

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

First of all, hello to everyone. I already know a lot of you guys, because I'm a regular reader in the 360 forums.
I know that a lot of you are very experienced, so i thought to myself "someone surely can help you there!"

A friend had an Xbox that won't boot anymore. He wanted to put it in the trash so I thought, I'll take it and give it a try. He did a hotswap on the Box and installed UnleashX as a Dashboard (on C) which worked fine though the MS Dash got lost. Whenever he booted with the eject button, error 21 came up. Now he wanted to set XBMC as his Dash and ruined it. The Xbox now boots into error 21, regardless what button I use to start up.

But there is some hope: Auto Installer Deluxe 3.0 boots fine but I can't seem to get it running because I am a total noob to the Xbox1 (I had one, but that was left untouched the whole time).

I tried to format to retail HDD, installed MS Dash, installed Dashboard (softmod) and everything else. It doesn't work. I can still establish a FTP connection but i just cannot install any Dashboard on that bitch.

Hopefully someone has some hints for me to get this baby running again.

Thanks in advance and please excuse my (possibly) not so great use of the english language as it is not my primary ...

nooky

#2 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

after AID boots up, ftp into the xbox and copy xbmc or your desired dashboard to E:\dash\ folder..

#3 nooky

nooky

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

now that sounds easy =) thanks, i'm, just uploading it. is it right that, after i choose "format retail hdd" in AID, i can still see a huge bunch of files through ftp?

#4 nooky

nooky

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

kingroach, thanks a lot! that was so freakin' easy! and it works! i assume i could do the same on C\ to reinstall the ms dash to that and boot it up with the eject button?

#5 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

you can .. just make make sure you dont touch these files/folders:

bios
xboxdash.xbe
xb0xdash.xbe ( dont upload xboxdash.xbe)
media
xodash ( dont upload xonlinedash.xbe file here)..

#6 nooky

nooky

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:05 PM

well, i don't really have some of these files on the box ... here my "C" list:

Audio (folder)
fonts (folder)
xboxdashdata.185ead00 (folder)
xodash (folder)
XBox Book.xtf
Xbox.xtf
xboxdash.xbe

also: i just took some of the files from SlaYers disc and wasn't able to upload any of them to "C" ...

edit: i found all those files on "H" .. can i just move them with flashfxp to "C"?

Edited by nooky, 14 September 2007 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users