• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xXBuddahXx

xXBuddahXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

Okay, well i have just got a gamecube (traded for a tibia account) And i want to mod it, thing is, Im new to modding the gamecube. Ive had a softmodded xbox that was easy but from what i read, its easyer to just go ahead and get a chip for the cube. First things first, Is there a Modding Comunity for the gamecube (like this one tongue.gif!) Or a site that can help me out in my decision? Like What chip to buy pros and cons of chips. Whats the point of getting a case that fits regular dvds? etc etc. Please act like im a complete idiot (Twords modding) and help me out please uhh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

#2 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

I'm a big fan of the Qoob chip (mainly because I have it) - its dvd upgradeable, just put the bios file on a disc and drop it in, it also has a built in FTP server for backing up your games - installation is pretty easy (I'm pretty sure its only 6-8 solder points). Mine's treated me well so far...

The upside to a case that fits regular dvds is just that - you can use regular dvds... however, the cube will only use 1.4gbs of info even on full size dvds, and for the cost of a full size dvd case, you can pick up like 50 mini dvd-rs, so you decide - I have the ICEcube case from xecuter - great quality, but mainly just for looks - I do have the advantage of full size discs, but then again, its not very cost effective.

I know there is a way to softmod the gamecube using a memcard and action replay, but the chip will more than likely bee cheaper.

Good luck...

On and on one last note, you will need a Broadband adapter to backup your own games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users