• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gr4nd

gr4nd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yea I have a question or two about the xbox Mobo. What I was wondering was there
anything I could do with a board. I don't have the original hdd to it, hence no hdd key or eeprom.
What I do have is a spare Hdd from my other xbox and I did a upgrade to.
The hdd key and eeprom are banned from any xbox live services already but it is still softmodded.
(I have the eeproms and such to it). SO know for the real question.
Can I do some modding/soldering that i can do to it to make it work with the stock hdd from
other xbox? I am open to anything, hell I dont need to play games on it I allready have two other
softmodded xboxs.

I was thinking of Linux on It and I have a dvd installer (cant remember what called)
but thought it was risky with my other softmod installed so never went through with it.
I think thats about it so if I could get a point in the right direction I would most appreciate it.
Let me know.
Thanks in Advance, and sorry for long post.

#2 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

You will probably either have to install a modchip, or build an EEPROM reader, which will allow you to lock a hard drive to the Xbox, and softmod it. Both ways, you will have to unlock the drive, which can be done in various ways according to the drive model. The mod chip would let you run the hard drive unlocked.

Also, I am not sure if attaching a softmodded hard drive to the box will work or not, but you could try anyway.

#3 gr4nd

gr4nd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:37 PM

Could I just use one of my other xbox's to unlock it then do a hotswap method insted of hooking to pc just quickly hook to other that im playing with. I mean the only thing im really concerned about is the hdd but even still not to worried about it I could always rebuild it. I have the disk I used for the upgraded hdd that has same info on it. Just a thought by the way.

#4 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

I don't think that will work, because you still have the problem that the motherboard is locked to a specific hard drive key. That idea also sounds impractical, even if it would work.

#5 DarkMatter

DarkMatter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:50 AM

Can I do some modding/soldering that i can do to it to make it work with the stock hdd from
other xbox?

Yes, you can install a modchip and use a hard drive from another X-Box, but that stock drive MUST be unlocked, otherwise it won't work.
Regards,
DarkMatter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users