• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brafunkey

brafunkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

I would like to know if its possible to connect an external hdd mobile device like the one u connect to ur pc's usb port. can u connect that same hdd to ur xenuim chipped xbox vs 1 with the usb pluggie. without having to format it.

cos when i do plug it in its says like the xbox cant recougldnise the hard drive and needs to format it.. but when u connect the hard drive to ur pc it works just fine.

i know the xbox uses a different file system and cannot see a normal ntfs or fat 32 hdd...
i want to know isnt there a proggie i can install on the xbox so that i can plug the hdd into my pc and the into my xbox so that it can work on both.. without having to format it..
Is there a program i can install on the xbox so that it can detect my hdd which connect through my xenuim spice usb pluggie?
and can it work sumiltaniously on my pc and xbox,? it would be so awsome it this were to be possible.smile.gif

#2 gogniben

gogniben

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

Xbox Media Center recognizes other FAT based disks. For instance, I have a 4GB thumbdrive that cannot be read in normal dashboards since its FAT32, but when I plug it in using XBMC, I can read it without formatting. The best part is XBMC acts as its own dash, so there is almost nothing it can't do!

Edited by gogniben, 24 September 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#3 w2kj

w2kj

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

...Ex-cell-ent! smile.gif

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic