KoDKingVegeta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:55 AM

Ok so I have a 7" dvd screen that I want to install into my dash. I got the spot that I want, when I bondoed it and stuff, it didn't work. Came out CRAPPIE. So Im getting a new dash piece, if I pay someone to bondo the plexiglass flus into the dash piece can someone do it? All I need is the plexiglass bondod (the hole cut to size) sanded and painted black. I will pay for shipping both ways. And pay someone like 30 bucks or something to do this for me.

I want someone that can really work with bondo, since I will have to stare at this piece everytime I drive the car. No offence to anyone.

#2 1ofdefue

1ofdefue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

Bondo really isnt a good adhesion substance. Its for filling in imperfections in paint and making smooth surfaces.
What exactly did you do to make it come out crappy?

Maybe if I knew more about what you were trying to do I could help you. Idk if I could do it for you tho, I would hate for it to turn out wrong and I wouldnt be able to get a good enough idea over the net.

#3 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

take a picture and show us what you are talking about. smile.gif

Edited by CJLee89, 04 October 2007 - 01:02 AM.

#4 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

I'm confused, did you try to glue a screen to a hole in your dash using bondo? Because thats not really how fiberglassing works.
Make a mount that mounts to the existing cd player mount in your car and get the screen working. Then get a dash trim cover, cut a hole, use bondo to make it look pretty, then install on your car.
A body shop could probably do this for you, possibly a stereo install shop too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users