• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Callenor

Callenor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

xBox newbie here, needing help backing up a game on to the HDD.

I have a copy of THAW here and have successfully copied it onto the HDD but I can't play it, it gives me a corrupted disc error. I've backed it up about 3 times now, first time I backed it up to an .ISO - then I learnt xbox can't read an iso of the hdd.

I used dvd2xbox to backup the game.

EDIT : Also there are some folders on my HDD which I can't delete, I delete them but they are still visible afterwards. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Edited by Callenor, 18 September 2007 - 10:34 AM.

#2 bluntted

bluntted

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

Well if I remember correctly, google it to be certain, there is a problem with the name of the game & the character limit for filenames on the harddrive. Had a similar problem with Midnight Club 3 Remix. The title of the game is so long the file names become ridiculous and the xbox will just cut them off to fit the limit. So when the game is looking for file xyz the xbox renamed it to xy to fit the limit.

So this is what I did. Grabbed driveimageutils from the usual places, took attach.xbe from it and renamed it to MC3 Remix. Made an iso of the game and renamed that to MC3 Remix. Then I put both the xbe and the iso on on the xbox hdd, renamed the xbe to default.xbe and ran the game. Only problem with doing this is you can't use trainers.

If I were you I would google this because it is well a documented problem with Wasteland.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users