• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evilzx2

evilzx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:10 AM

hi everyone im new here. i hope this is the right place for this.

im new to modding my xbox. i just installed the smartxx v3 today.

ive done tons of reading and thought it was pretty simple. ive got a computer networking degree and im pretty tech savvy. but i can not get this to work for some reason.

i have evox and burnt it to many different cds. but the xbox seems to not read the bios i have on the disc.

any help would be highly appreciated.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:33 AM

Http flashing is by far the preferred method.

When you boot to the OS, the box's Ip is dispayed. Open a webbrowser on a networked pc and type in that address. You will be greated with a webpage for the chip, with a bunch of options, one of which is flash bios bank.....
Really simple stuff.

#3 evilzx2

evilzx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:45 AM

i guess thats my problem. i cant find my patchcable to hook it up directly to my laptop. thats why ive been trying to use the cd method.

im just going to have to go get a patch cable and give it another shot tomorrow....thank you though

#4 evilzx2

evilzx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

allright i got my router and another straight through cable and hooked them up to the xbox. using firefox to get to the smartxx menu. i flashed xecuter to the first bank. the tutorial i was following wants me to put the slayer autoinstaller in the xbox. the slayer instructions want me to backup the HD first.

my problem now is, not one of the FTP programs i have will connect to the xbox.

this is the error i keep getting....what am i doing wrong. this makes me feel stupid. lol

[R] Connecting to 192.168.1.101 -> IP=192.168.1.101 PORT=21
[R] Connected to 192.168.1.101
[R] Error: 10054: Connection reset by peer
[R] Connection failed (Connection lost)

#5 evilzx2

evilzx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

ok i fixed my problem.

got ftp going. backed up my c and e drives.

having issues with making a working ISO cd-rw. i dont have a dvd burner and i only have one brand of cd-rw at the moment.

is there any way i can install without the use of the cd???

#6 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:54 AM

Backing up the hdd is really not required, unless you are concerned about losing your save games on E:\

Since the smartxx allows ftp transfers from its OS, you can ftp any files you want onto the hdd.
Typically most bioses look for a file called evoxdash.xbe on the c:\ drive as its first boot dash. So if you want to change the dash, rename the default.xbe of whatever dash you want to use, to be called evoxdash.xbe and place the required files in c:\ root. Simple as that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users