1 reply to this topic

#1 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:02 AM

OK so I think I have come up with a plan I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing any steps.

I already have 1 modded xbox with a xecuter 2.6 chip, I am going to buy a 2nd xbox to go in the bedroom mostly for watching stuff on XBMC.
My plan is to hotswap my new xbox HDD into the chipped one (running xbmc for ftp access), retrieve the c: files, run ndure pc installer 3.1 on them, then ftp those files back to the new xbox's HDD, put it back in the new xbox, run config magic to find the HDD key. Then put a 40GB HDD i have in my chipped xbox boot slayers and build that HDD, copy the soft mod files to the 40 GB hard drive, lock it with the key I got earlier and then throw it back in the soft modded xbox.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt missing any steps or a simplar way to do it (I know i could use xboxhdm but I only have a Laptop and dont have access to ide hookups) or that I could just pull the mod chip from one xbox to the other but it is soldered in there and I done have any spare pin headers or anything to install in the 2nd xbox.

Thanks,

Edited by jakejm79, 20 September 2007 - 12:05 AM.

#2 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:11 AM

So I ended up just softmodding my original xbox with ndure 3.1 for PC, removed chip, flashed Tsop, and now I will just throw the chip in the new xbox, rinse and repeat.
Was a very simple and painless process, even despite forgetting to reconnect the fan while i was doing the TSOP flash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users