• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ikpthegame

ikpthegame

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:49 AM

hey i was wondering how much space is inbetween the gpu core and the dvd drive? im looking to use a different HS on it and need that info.

#2 I_Solar_I

I_Solar_I

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:59 AM

there is exactly 5/16ths of an inch from the side of the dvd drive to the HS... if your looking for the one under the drive... ITS an 1/8th inch

#3 ikpthegame

ikpthegame

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

so if there is 1/8 of a inch between the drive and the HS, then now think is the HS on the gpu so i can see how much room ive got to work with.

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

Proofread your posts or just learn to spell, asking "then now think is the HS" or what ya really meant, "then how thick is the HS" and everyone will be able to understand you better.

There's no where near 1/8th of an inch between the heatsink and DVD drive, more like 1~1.5mm. The heatsink is 14.7mm tall, so ya have around a 16mm max height limitation, and ya don't want it actually touching the DVD drive bottom either.

Edited by RDC, 21 September 2007 - 06:34 AM.

#5 ikpthegame

ikpthegame

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

ya i see that i messed that one up bad. it was kinda late for me and i was not thinking right. so only about 16mm huh well that sucks. thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users