Photo

Could Pot Calibration Cause Game To Have Read Error?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fullmore

fullmore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

All my backups work fine except one. I've turned down my POT to 2.94 from 3.60 a few weeks ago due to Bios hock giving me dirty disc errors. All the other backups I've made work fine with only occasional freezing.
I use verbatim and burn at 2.4 with pioneer 111d. I know the backup I'm creating is working because it works on my second 360, so I'm confused.
Could the POT be turned down too much for this particular game? Also, I still have extreme 4.2 cause i've had no problems so i didn't feel compelled to up the firmware. Could the older firmware make a game get stuck at exactly the same position? I've backed up the game 5 times now, even switching my writer and it still doesn't work. sad.gif

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

Do originals freeze on it? and does the Bioshock original freeze up in the same place as the backup also? If a laser needs any kind of adjusting in the first place it's a good indicator that it's probably going to need replacing before long.

#3 fullmore

fullmore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

Yes, the Bioshock original gives the read error at the same point; however does not on my other 360. I get occasional freezing with other games but they are random in areas, where-as this is not.

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:00 PM

I'd say your 360 is ready to 'give up the ghost' in that case. Bioshock freezing at the exact same point is sorta odd, though it could still fall under the '360 is ready to puke' category. Try it without the HDD attached and see if it does it. If it's at a pretty far point in the game use a memory card to load your save so you're up to that point still, but have no HDD attached or remove it and just play up to that point and see.

If ya wanna rule out the laser, swap them between your drives. They're the same in the Samsung and Hitachi, in case ya have different drives in each one, ya didn't specify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users