#1 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 June 2003 - 03:33 PM

ive seen some guy do this with a green xbox an some other guy do it with a regular black xbox. Would i just pu t a ocld cathode infront of the motherbaord int hat space between the cotnroller ports and the motherbaord? or where would i postion the cold cathode tube to get the ligth to come through the back of the controller ports? i really wont to do this.

#2 essasin000

essasin000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:13 PM

iive seen this before i think their is a tutorial somewhere.... ill try to find it

#3 Shaolyen

Shaolyen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:21 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=24&t=61137

#4 meanbean

meanbean

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:35 PM

Ok...just to let you know...4 the black cases...the cathode acrylic tube will not fit on the bottom for a v1.0 Xbox due to the controller/usb duaghter board obstruction. Just take the light out of the acrylic tube and secure it right above the middle tab release for the front plate after you have cut out a small section of the metal shielding. Dont worry about buring anything out with the small heat generated by the light, I've had mine like this for ages and don't have any problems. Just make sure you secure it so it does fall or drop on the MB. However, it may raise your temp a degree or two. Next cut or lift the sqaure end of the metal countroller port casing to expose it to the cathode light. Finally, hook the light to the 12v power by using the Molex connector and you should now be in lighting heaven. Have fun. laugh.gif

#5 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 June 2003 - 04:03 AM

so your saying that the green xbox's dont have dauter boards?

#6 Shaolyen

Shaolyen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:16 AM

With v1.2s the USB is integrated in the motherboard.

#7 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Shaolyen @ Jun 16 2003, 06:16 PM)
With v1.2s the USB is integrated in the motherboard.

same as v1.1..
they are straight on the mother board.. no daughter board for USB and controllers!

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users