• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nobugz

nobugz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hi I'm trying to hack/mod the farcry evolution for xbox 1.

Currently, I'm trying to extract the .dat archives for the game, so I can edit the game resources like weapons, models, and textures. So it in the very early stages of hacking, since the resources of the game are still not avail.

The are two files for stock maps: a .DAT File and a .FAT file. The FAT file is like the directory that tells you how many files are stored in the DAT archive, their offsets, and their filesize. This is the structure of the FAT file:

Open .Fat to read .dat file

.Fat Archive:
[4] - ID (DAT2)
[4] - Int32 - Number of Files

Number of Files Loop (12 bytes a entry)
[4] - Offset: In .Dat
[4] - File Size
[4] - ID/Hash?

Knowing this structure I have created an xml file containing this data in xml trees. However, I'm not quite sure if it is correct and I need someone with more experience than me who knows about binary numbers, hex, and this general kind of knowledge to help me out.

I added up all the filesizes I got from the FAT file and then checked the file size of the DAT file, and it checks out. But the offsets and hash values I read are nowhere to be found, so maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I have a sample file and the accompanying XML file i made after parsing ready to go, if someone wants to help me with this.

All you have to do is reply! - Thank you

#2 nobugz

nobugz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

*edit scratch that I have successfully extracted from the DAT archives, now I am looking for a way to determine the crc values so I can know the filenames and extensions of each file in the archive

#3 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

this game has been modded like crazy already and theirs some kick ass tools available .. have a look here ..

http://000rankings.com/mapSuite/

#4 nobugz

nobugz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

HOLY CRAP!!

thanks for the link! I did find the values for the CRC hashes btw.

Edited by nobugz, 23 September 2007 - 07:42 PM.

#5 stiffmaster

stiffmaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

Hey,

what's up

What have you been doing and what are you trying? I am the one behind tripl-o and the mod's on FC Evolutions, as seen on Xlink Kai. Maybe i could help you, as i am not interested in modding that game anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users