#1 spuk87

spuk87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:27 PM

Hi, I am experiencing an audio delay through the optical cable between my xbox360 and the PC which has the audio inputs. The audio plays about 300-500ms behind what is seen on the screen.

The problem occurs with both an original xbox and a 360.

I have tried 2 optical cables.

I have tried connecting via the component/composite cable and VGA cable for the Xbox 360.

The audio is fine if transferred straight to TV and PC through RCA cables.

I am guessing that all this points to one problem: the PC (or sound card). I am using a Creative Audigy 2 Platinum sound card on the PC.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have googled for many hours now and not found any solution . Anybody help?

Thanks, Spuk.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

yup, it's probably your sound card...

not really much I can offer in the way of advice but the capture on those cards is typically meant for recording and not for syncing to another display.

maybe upgrading the drivers, or trying to find a setting for faster, lower quality processing

#3 spuk87

spuk87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

Cool well thanks for your reply, never really thought about the fact that its meant more for recording. I think the soundcard is dodgy as the drivers don't like to install (though having googled for a while they are officially difficult).

I managed to put some older drivers in and new things are happening; if I put the xbox360 into stereo, the signal though SPDIF is perfectly synced but if I switch to dolby there's a weird pop and crackle initially then the sound becomes delayed from then onwards- but I have noticed that sometimes it is more delayed than others.

Think I'll just live with stereo until I get a HDTV and surround kit.

Thanks, spuk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users