• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(mikebeecham @ Nov 16 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post

No, sorry...
you dont get to seek reconsideration from me. How about i come round your house and take something without asking> Should I do that?

No..of course not.

Whether you had visited my dA account or not, you should have made sure that it was ok to go take my icons before posting them onto a public forum. I dont give a rats arse whether you credited me or not...you need to ask first.

So, no...you dont get my permission...remove them!

Considering where I got the icons, I believe that your analogy of coming to my house is flawed... a better analogy would be you happening across something of mine, away from my house, and under a sign that said "free," and taking it... with its instruction manual implying that you return it to me, lost at some other location....

Furthermore, I'm sure you probably got royalty free originals or perhaps bought an icon set... but do you really think that Sony, Casio, or Phillips appreciates you turning their products into icons... with the intent to use them on a hacked xbox??? Dubious at best.

Regardless, my upload to my skin mod is taken down... i was reluctant to post such an incomplete thing anyways.

Also, I have always asked the author of the front row skin for his approval to use his code.... I have always had the respect of others in mind... And I just feel that you're being unreasonable in the highest regard especially considering I am definitley not the type of individual that would just steal something... and again considering where I got the icons, I felt I was in the right...

Edited by competes2win, 16 November 2007 - 09:25 PM.

#32 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

Hmm,

Just wanted to ask 2 questions, but i dont know if you wanna help..(after reading the posts before me)

But ok, here are they: 1st, you have made i nice music video section, i removed it, and placed something else there, but why cant i change the name of the movie dir...example: if i go to movies in my home screen, then it has to go to,my videofiles, with in de top right corner, the name "Movies" (because it is linked to the home-screen). But i cant get rid of the music videos in te top right corner.......any ideas?

2nd: i dont know if you use rss feeds, but there still blue in the original color, i need then red.....

I think you did a very nice job, offcourse we all want too do, our own tweaking....but your version gave me a little push in the right direction, so it was easier for me to take this mod and build it, to my wishes, then using the original.

I hope you manage to make what you want, and if it makes you feel better: im happy with your mod, if you need some help, you always can pm me.

greetz

#33 ruffryder91290

ruffryder91290

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

can u give another link for your newest version because the links down.

#34 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(bjorntje @ Nov 16 2007, 04:20 PM) View Post

Hmm,

Just wanted to ask 2 questions, but i dont know if you wanna help..(after reading the posts before me)

But ok, here are they: 1st, you have made i nice music video section, i removed it, and placed something else there, but why cant i change the name of the movie dir...example: if i go to movies in my home screen, then it has to go to,my videofiles, with in de top right corner, the name "Movies" (because it is linked to the home-screen). But i cant get rid of the music videos in te top right corner.......any ideas?

2nd: i dont know if you use rss feeds, but there still blue in the original color, i need then red.....

I think you did a very nice job, offcourse we all want too do, our own tweaking....but your version gave me a little push in the right direction, so it was easier for me to take this mod and build it, to my wishes, then using the original.

I hope you manage to make what you want, and if it makes you feel better: im happy with your mod, if you need some help, you always can pm me.

greetz

Well the whole issue with having the movies icon in the top right everywhere is I guess pretty much a known issue because of the way things are linked in the skin... someone once told me that even Chi3f didn't really know how to fix it... but regardless I don't know how to make it go away, it says movies in my music videos section as well... However, if you were go to the commonviews.xml file and find the view you use you may be able to find the control for that image and just erase it, so that nothing shows up. Sorry I can't be of any further help...

Also, I don't personally use rss feeds, but i just turned them on to see what you are talking about... I'm sorry again for not knowing exactly what you would do to change it... although i do know that you have to change the default font colors... I had no need to do this in my mods so Im not exactly sure but I'm still fairly sure that you need to find the color you want in its hex (??) code and then edit the Rss parts of the defaults.xml found in the "Colors" folder of the skin.

And thanks for 'being happy' with my mod. its good to hear.

QUOTE(ruffryder91290 @ Nov 16 2007, 05:07 PM) View Post

can u give another link for your newest version because the links down.

Apparently I've been disallowed to use some of the icons I used.... read the couple of posts before yours. Therefore I'm respecting his wishes and i took the file down.

#35 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:40 AM

Oke,

Thats fair enough, im gonna work with that..... i will find a solution biggrin.gif

im gonna drop the textures,home,translate files in a new xtv build...i believe that are the only files you modded, maybe then i can get rid of the first issue (the latest original build, hasnt got that problem so, it can be fixed if you put all the mods in a new build of xtv) can you please tell me if you only modded these 3 files (and dropped a red color file in de color-map)

for the second issue, i need te origal hex code that is used..so the hex code for the red color. I think its the same color as in basisc-101, so that wont be a problem.

(oh and the file that let us view the wrap mode..wich one is that?)

greetz

Xs

#36 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

hmm I modded the textures.xpr of course... home.xml... commonviewtypes.xml.... myprograms.xml....myvideonav.xml....mymusicnav.xml...

Translate file whats that?

also the red that is in the colors folder doesan't do anything i don't think. I actually did try to change the text red, but it didn't work... so thats a waste of space.

all those xmls i modded i may or may not have had to add an <include> command for the new views i added, and/or delete ones I didn't want anymore. commonviews.xml has all the code for all the views, which is linked to the various xml's. to tell the skin which view to use in which portion of the skin.

That's all i guess.

#37 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

OH thats great, then i can fix the little error in the movies screen...

Translate is the file that let you change the text, that is used in xtv....i used it to translate it to my language. so my main menu is a bit different then yours, for example: you can rename the main menu button for "movies" (so the first button under the home x-tv logo) to Dvd's or My Video's or whatever you want.....

You understand? dry.gif

Edited by bjorntje, 17 November 2007 - 11:20 AM.

#38 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

Pff it's all done... i know have a good working layout, a replaced the text music videos for the text that i want it to show. Rss headlines are done too.....

i'm almost happy, just need a couple of icons changed in the home screen and in the settings menu...
so, can you please tell me how you did the blur?

greetz, xs

And sorry for al the questions, but man, i learned in 2 days more with this skin, then a learned in the last month with other skins.... biggrin.gif

#39 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

-oh to change the text in the home menu i just changed the 'label' of the various controls but anyways...

-didn't know that about the translate.xml

-I use a program called paint.net and I did the blurs with that. Gaussian blur to different degrees depends on how much you go for, since you usually have to do two levels of blur for a total of three icons, i just tried to get mine to be blurred roughly the same amount as the stock ones.

-ya and no problem about the questions.

#40 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(competes2win @ Nov 16 2007, 04:21 PM) View Post

Apparently I've been disallowed to use some of the icons I used.... read the couple of posts before yours. Therefore I'm respecting his wishes and i took the file down.

I must say you are taking this better than I would. Seems to me, instead of cussing you out (which I am sure is against the rules in these forums) for picking up and using the icons on a site marked FREE ICONS, he should be complaining to the people at the site to have them take them down. If HE is the one that put those icons on the site, then he has no one to complain to except himself for putting them there for all to use. Oh well, seems common sense is the one thing that's not common these days.

#41 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(JoeUser38 @ Nov 19 2007, 02:07 AM) View Post

I must say you are taking this better than I would. Seems to me, instead of cussing you out (which I am sure is against the rules in these forums) for picking up and using the icons on a site marked FREE ICONS, he should be complaining to the people at the site to have them take them down. If HE is the one that put those icons on the site, then he has no one to complain to except himself for putting them there for all to use. Oh well, seems common sense is the one thing that's not common these days.

I agree 100%, I felt that the way he acted was a bit ridiculous and definitely irrational.

haha I just checked though and it appears that his icons have been removed from that site.

#42 aart

aart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

lol i think i saw a psp xmb theme using the 'pandora' icons a few weeks ago..... biggrin.gif

#43 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(competes2win @ Nov 19 2007, 04:18 AM) View Post

I agree 100%, I felt that the way he acted was a bit ridiculous and definitely irrational.

haha I just checked though and it appears that his icons have been removed from that site.

Well, I guess it should be obvious to us that any icons on a site called FREEICONSWEB.COM would not be free to use, right? And it goes without saying that everyone would know what everyone else's website is, to read the conditions of use of their files posted to other sites (especially the free sites, as mentioned, a site called FREEICONSWEB.COM, better do a Google search immediately, because a site with THAT name, you know you'd better find the original site they came from... even though, for all we know, it was the ONLY place they were uploaded on the web)... I mean, it was obvious to ME that he has a DeviantArt site, and not some other, to read the conditions of using icons that I found on a site called FREEICONSWEB.COM. But hey, I'm just psychic that way.

And it makes perfect sense to cuss someone out when they ask after they find out there was such a condition, instead of saying "Oh, you got them from another site where my message wasn't posted, and assumed I'd put them there. I can understand that." I mean, come one, you weren't psychic enough to already KNOW the conditions? blink.gif

Umm, I'm not overdoing the sarcasm, am I? rolleyes.gif

Sorry, but the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's the kind of thing I would expect from our politicians, not these forums. I guess it really does boil down to the TWO things that aren't common in the world anymore: common sense, and common decency.

Guess I'll get off my soap box now.

#44 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

JoeUser38: Yes I agree, it left a bad taste in my mouth as well... as you can imagine. To tell you the truth I actually debated to just leave the download up to spite him... But in the end I felt that that would not only be a juvenile way of acting but after I went on about how I would heed his directions had I seen them, not listening to him at that moment in time would be hypocritical... All in all I feel I handled the situation well enough....

And I thank you for your support, glad to know that people agree with me that I wasn't in the wrong.

This said I would like to conclude on this issue. What's done is done, I respected his wishes and he should be happy. I feel like I made a satisfactory mod considering my next to nothing experience. It really wasn't good or complete enough to justify a public release anyway, but there were a few people who could use it and a few people consistently asking for it, so I decided to release it anyways.

I respectfully ask for this subject not to be brought up again, what's done is done. Since there is really no longer an "xtv mod" I anticipate this thread dying out. However, with any luck I'll be able to contribute something to the xbmc scene somewhere in future.

Thanks.

#45 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

amen........

tho i'm still very happy with your release...did al the things that i wanted to do, so i looks very cool at the moment.

But i can't call it a xtv mod anymore, because i modded to much, the basics are the same, but that's it....
No more words for the icon case, just go on with modding (like i do) and hopefully I/you/we can release our own skin(s) some day (because that's the whole idea after modding some skins that allready exists)

So if you have any interest in rebuilding a old simple skin to something new..pm me (i'm not good enough to do a whole new skin tongue.gif , but hey... i have to learn too and there are lots of people that have uploaded there skin mods, and a lot of people that where happy with that mod.....

Cheers pop.gif

Edited by bjorntje, 19 November 2007 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users