competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

But i can't call it a xtv mod anymore, because i modded to much, the basics are the same, but that's it....

I agree, I actually renamed it "Requiem" on my xbox. Afterall even though the skin is structurally the same give or take, the blue highlights and everything that used to make it Xtv-'esque' is now gone. I still have the great Xtv skin in is original state as well though. All though its no longer my default of course.

Once upon a time I had aspirations to make a complete skin, but reality paid me a visit. I even had this idea for a skin with a kind of a view from the top feel to it and button bouncing animations, with an effect that the buttons were floating... hard to explain, and I never had mockups it was just an idea in my head.

#47 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(competes2win @ Nov 19 2007, 11:36 AM) View Post

JoeUser38: Yes I agree, it left a bad taste in my mouth as well... as you can imagine. To tell you the truth I actually debated to just leave the download up to spite him... But in the end I felt that that would not only be a juvenile way of acting but after I went on about how I would heed his directions had I seen them, not listening to him at that moment in time would be hypocritical... All in all I feel I handled the situation well enough....

And I thank you for your support, glad to know that people agree with me that I wasn't in the wrong.

This said I would like to conclude on this issue. What's done is done, I respected his wishes and he should be happy. I feel like I made a satisfactory mod considering my next to nothing experience. It really wasn't good or complete enough to justify a public release anyway, but there were a few people who could use it and a few people consistently asking for it, so I decided to release it anyways.

I respectfully ask for this subject not to be brought up again, what's done is done. Since there is really no longer an "xtv mod" I anticipate this thread dying out. However, with any luck I'll be able to contribute something to the xbmc scene somewhere in future.

Thanks.

Fair enough, I won't bring it up again. To tell the truth, I almost didn't to begin with, but I was in a bad mood, especially during my last post, and found my tolorance for such behavior to be rather low.

#48 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

Hmm,

Little question there...to lose the coverflow view...did you only removed the cover3d.xml in the pal dir?
Because i can't get it back, did you changed anything else? (don't think so, but mabe i missing something)

greetz

#49 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(bjorntje @ Nov 23 2007, 07:51 PM) View Post

Hmm,

Little question there...to lose the coverflow view...did you only removed the cover3d.xml in the pal dir?
Because i can't get it back, did you changed anything else? (don't think so, but mabe i missing something)

greetz

i deleted its code in the common views xml in the pal directory. As well as its <include> thing in the myvideonav.xml

#50 DaSingh

DaSingh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

How can I get my videos to display like this
IPB Image

When I change to coverflow they just look same. Is it the skin that actually make them like that or have you saved each image using some sort of photoshop action? Would love to make mine like that.

#51 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(DaSingh @ Nov 28 2007, 06:21 PM) View Post

How can I get my videos to display like this
IPB Image

When I change to coverflow they just look same. Is it the skin that actually make them like that or have you saved each image using some sort of photoshop action? Would love to make mine like that.

Thats not the coverflow view. It's a view I borrowed from the Front Row skin... I added the view to the xtv skin.

oh and also there are certain textures that needed to be added in the textures.xpr... for example the dvd cover looking texture.

Edited by competes2win, 29 November 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#52 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

dude you need to check your pm

#53 king bongmaster

king bongmaster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

how can I keep the emulator button and the script button and still add the weather button back into this? Is this even possible?

Edited by king bongmaster, 13 August 2008 - 11:04 PM.

#54 bjorntje

bjorntje

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

just modify the youtube button or the tv-schows button, or copy paste one of the things and modify that one

#55 king bongmaster

king bongmaster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

IPB Image

Thanks that worked perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users