obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hi,

before the softmod, I upgraded my dash with the Slayers rescue cd. (I had a modchip installed but I wanted to switch to a softmod.)
During the softmod, I also got the message that the C partition was full so that it couldn't copy some files to it.
If I examine my real C partition, I find a xboxdashdata.1012a700 on it with a bunch of dashboardfiles in it. I think this are the files of the original dashboard that was on the disk before I upgraded to the 5960 to do the softmod.

As a lot of people seem to get that disk full error, I thought a question about it might help others as well.

So, is it safe to just delete that xboxdashdata.1012a700 folder? I now I could try it out, but I hate to ruin my softmod so that I have to do it over again.

Thanks for reading this so far, and hopefully someone has the answer.

regards.

#2 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:11 PM

you dont need the xboxdashdata.1012a700 folder.. the necessery folders are :

Audio
fonts
xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash
media
xboxdash.xbe
xb0xdash.xbe

+

xboxdashdata.17cdc100 (if you installed uddae)

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

hi again,

Thanks Kingroach, pretty much what I was thinking.
It causes a lot of questions, as the filler files can not be copied over.
Due to this, a lot of people think something went wrong during the softmod install.

regards.

#4 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:49 AM

I have/had the same problem. Thanks Kingroach.

I have one more question. Do I need that media folder? If so how come its not on the ms dashboard files from the slayers disk?

If I do infact need it, should I get it from the backup folder?

Thanks for reading!! smile.gif

#5 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:08 AM

dont change/remove media folder.. its a part of the exploit.

#6 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:30 AM

I had a corrupt HD (I think) so I reformatted the drive and found the MS dashboard on the slayers disk.

I deleted everything in the C/ folder and put in everything found in the slayers disk in System/All/C (no media files in there). I did this because I lost my ms dashboard files. After reading this thread I thought maybe I didnt need the files:

*Xbox.xtf
*XBox book.xtf

Then i did the Ndure softmod using the Ndure tools but even now it keeps telling me that there is not enough space in the C/ partitition. Do I need to delete anything other than the cache in the e/ folder? The faulty existing backup folder maybe?

I cant understand what I am doing wrong. IS it partioned incorrectly? I tried to follow all the guides but I am stuck.

EDIT: By the way I left the Bios folder in the C/ partion (dont even know why, guess i dont like messing with anything called bios) oh the the folders and files i used in the Ndure disk are

/Audio
/fonts
xboxdash~85ead00
/xodash
*XBox Book.xtf
*Xbix.xtf
*xboxdash.xbe

thanks for reading once again

Edited by jtothe, 26 September 2007 - 04:36 AM.

#7 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:52 AM

EDIT 2: (wouldnt let me edit)

I forgot to ask...do I need the eeprom file. If so what is this and did I lose it after formatted the HD?
Is it part of the slayer disk files?

Just to recap: I formatted my HD, added ms dashboard file to C/ partition, tried reintallation of Ndure, disk too full it says. What am I doing wrong? uhh.gif

EDIT 3: (sorry)

unleash dashboard launches fine...but still no MS dashboard sad.gif how can I restore it)

thanks again smile.gif

Edited by jtothe, 26 September 2007 - 04:56 AM.

#8 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:05 AM

Hi,

the bios folder is part of the softmod. It contains the nkpatcher program that is executed during the boot. If you reinstall the softmod, you can start without that folder on your c partition. (It's not a part of the Slayers dashboard files.)

the eeprom.bin file is a 256 bytes long file that contains the contents of the eeprom chip in your xbox. That chip contains information and settings that are unique to your xbox. One of those settings is the hddkey which is used to calculate the harddisk password. That password is needed to unlock your harddisk.

So, you should backup your eeprom.bin on your pc (not on the xbox harddisk itself.) If things don't work anymore and everything looks hopeless, you can connect your harddisk to a pc, unlock it and rebuild it. Without the eeprom.bin file, you can't unlock the disk.

regards.

#9 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

Hello,
I deleted all files in my C/ partition again and added these files:

/Audio
/fonts
xboxdash~85ead00
/xodash
*XBox Book.xtf
*Xbix.xtf
*xboxdash.xbe

then I ran the Ndure install and I keep getting the error that there is not enough space in the C/ partition to create a res directory in the shadowc directory. Could it be a problem with boot disk itself?

Also, it seems that I dont have a eeprom.bin file. I looked in the E folders. Is this necessary and if so how do I go about recovering it

#10 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

@jtothe,

does your xbox boots ms dashboard now? ( with eject button).. you will be fine even if you get hard drive filled error.. the script tries to fill the C drive as much as possible and /res/ folder has a copy of evox dash which is not used ( just for filler purposes)..

you dont need xbox book.xtf and xbox.xtf file in the C:\ drive and the script deletes them when installing the exploit.

#11 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:13 PM

yes it does! smile.gif Everything seems to work now, I even added XBMC. The only thing is, that the C folder is not hidden anymore, which it seems to me that the shadowc thing is not working. Is it? What purpose does that serve?

I think I will leave it as is now... Unless you suggest otherwise. BTW should I worry about the eeprom file? I cant find it anywhere. I guess it got deleted.

Thanks for the replies!

Edited by jtothe, 26 September 2007 - 05:13 PM.

#12 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

do you see bios folder in your C drive?.. if not then shadowc is working.. if you see a bios folder then create a folder called shadowc in C drive and copy shadowc.img from your computer to that folder..

you can make a backup or eeprom by running E:\ndts\defalt.xbe and using the backup eeprom option.. or you can backup the eeprom using configmagic.

Edited by kingroach, 26 September 2007 - 05:23 PM.

#13 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

no bios folder smile.gif , so its working.

Backup up the eeprom as well. So simple to do thanks to the toolset.

I didnt even know those menus existed...lol

Thanks a lot Kingroach this turned form a simple softmod to one big headache for me. Good learning experience though.

beerchug.gif

#14 jtothe

jtothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

One last thing? How do I get the remoteX application out of the aplication menu? I dont want my niece and nephews messing with it when they go to XBMC...

-J

#15 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:44 PM

Hi,

Look at your E partition in the apps folder. You will probably find the program there.
Simply put it in another location (like e:\evox) and it will not appear anymore under the applications.
(It is only scanning specific folders for xbe files)

You can still launch it if you use the file explorer and start the default.xbe in the new folder.
You could change the name of the default.xbe, or remove it from the xbox.
You can even protect the file explorer functionality with a password in unleashx.

regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users