• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 puffarthur

puffarthur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

I've been using a Xenium Gold SP solderless solution on my 1.6 Xbox for over a year now, and today it decided to stop working in the middle of a FTP file transfer. It is doing the Christmas light routine: flips on and off twice and then flashes alternating green and red lights. I checked the leads on the solderless adapter and they are all lit correctly so I know they all have a good connection. The Xenium chip itself turns on red when powered so apparently that is working as well. If I remove the Xenium chip, the Xbox boots normally so the Xbox itself is working as well.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong with my setup? It looks like all the individual parts are working, and they were working fine for a year until today. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

try reflashing the bios to x2 5035 v16.

if the spider legs check out, try reflashing the bios. if that doesnt work perform a recovery.

#3 puffarthur

puffarthur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to do what you said but in order to reflash the bios or do a full recovery it looks like I would need to first boot to the XeniumOS. Unfortunately I can't seem to do that, my Xbox just gives me Christmas lights and does not produce any video output. Is there something I am missing? I'd prefer not to have to buy a new modchip. Thanks again.

#4 puffarthur

puffarthur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

I figured out what was wrong. The solderless SP Ice adapter's pins needed cleaning. Now everything is working fine again. After looking around on the Team Xodus forums, it looks like this is a common problem.

#5 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

cleaned? could you please explain why this happens and how it was done. is it from dust? corrosion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users