• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phcd99

phcd99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

It's been years since I touched any of the software on my xbox, but today I decided to try to upgrade avalaunch..... BIG MISTAKE! sad.gif

After using the update feature my xbox booted straight to the original evox dash that was installed when I got my xbox modded.

I renamed some of the dash.xbe files to try to get avalaunch to boot first, but now it seems I've made it bypass both evox and avalaunch. Since the xbox dash doesnt have an ftp server built in, i can't ftp over and change the files anymore !!!

What I need is a way to access the xbox hard drive and change out some of the files so it will load the avalunch dashboard again instead of going straight to the MS one, any help would be really appreciated. Cheers.

ps. I'm running an , Xcuter2 modchip (I think)

#2 HenryCase

HenryCase

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

I'm not very experienced with XBox mods, but I'm pretty sure you can solve your problem by burning EvoX to CD-RW/DVD-R, inserting disk whilst in MS Dash, rebooting XBox so disk runs and use FTP functionality of EvoX to change your dashboard settings. It might be possible to use the FTP part of Avalaunch to achieve the same effect, but I'm not sure about that.

#3 phcd99

phcd99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(HenryCase @ Sep 24 2007, 09:57 PM) View Post

I'm not very experienced with XBox mods, but I'm pretty sure you can solve your problem by burning EvoX to CD-RW/DVD-R, inserting disk whilst in MS Dash, rebooting XBox so disk runs and use FTP functionality of EvoX to change your dashboard settings. It might be possible to use the FTP part of Avalaunch to achieve the same effect, but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks for the quick reply, after looking around the forums a bit more, I saw mention of "slayer's boot disk", so I googled that and downloaded it from xbins and gave that a shit.

Pretty small download 170meg, burned it to dvd and tossed it in my xbox. It looked the same as evox but with different options, the good thing was that it loaded an ftp server so I was able to ftp to the xbox and rename the files properly... avalaunch works again!!
cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users