9 replies to this topic

#1 hoezy

hoezy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:30 AM

is a live ban possible with an original disc? and hacked firmware?
i was never on live before with hacked firmware..

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

Yes, it is possible, but so far the latest iXtreme firmware has been doing a good job in keeping the firmware flashed 360's online wink.gif

The best thing to do is to use the latest iXtreme firmware and play online....If you dont get banned then thats good, if you do get banned it was a risk you had to take from the time you flashed your 360

Edited by commandersafi, 26 September 2007 - 03:52 AM.

#3 munkey_boy

munkey_boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

Heh, whats the chances of getting banned with a back-up copy? tongue.gif

#4 t00ny45

t00ny45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

M$ read your firmware (the thing you flashed), not the games you play, so you have equal chance of getting banned by playing back-up or original games.

#5 BurnDown

BurnDown

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(t00ny45 @ Jan 12 2008, 08:00 PM) View Post

M$ read your firmware (the thing you flashed), not the games you play, so you have equal chance of getting banned by playing back-up or original games.

If that was true, everyone who has flashed their firmware would have been banned. The current theory is that as long as you use 1:1 backups (created with a samsung 360 drive) then you will be ok on live. Therefore, using originals in a flashed drive should be fine, for the time being at least.

I flashed my 360 with iXtreme 1.4 5x, just to make the drive quieter. I don't care about backing up my games, I just use the originals. I play on LIVE all the time and havn't been banned. Watch out though, if M$ do start detecting the firmware, you will be banned whether its an original you are playing, or not.

#6 t00ny45

t00ny45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

Well if they don't detect firmware, why does the firmware have stealth patch?

#7 WTFudge

WTFudge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

It reports back to MS that it is the original if it ever was read . They haven't started doing that or can yet...

#8 stoopkid2

stoopkid2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

so they can't detect the drive speed? you can flash it with any speed and still play on live?

#9 Sn0rKy

Sn0rKy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

i was banned today after updating to 1.4 ixtreme..
i used to frequent live before i modded my xbox, but after that i havent even plugged a ethernet cable in. now ever since my brother started playing COD4 on live i decided to try it with 1.4 ixtreme and a original disc, of course, and was soon banned

#10 AdamWest

AdamWest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

The Live Ban / Firmware battle is like the Virus / Anti-Virus Battle. It has no end.

Every time MS finds a way to detect modified firmwire they will ban conversely the people who create the firmware will find a way to thwart their detection. This goes back and fourth.

The only way to stay safe is not to use modified firmware otherwise proceed at your own risk.

Edited by AdamWest, 01 March 2008 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users