Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

Microsoft About Scratched Halo 3 Disks
Posted by XanTium | September 26 10:11 EST | News Category: Xbox360

We already announced yesterday that Microsoft is replacing scratched Halo3 discs for free, today Associated Press talked with Microsoft about the Halo3 LE packaging issue:

Microsoft, which owns the studio that makes the Xbox-only "Halo 3," responded quickly on its Xbox Web site with details for a replacement program. Customers can fill out a form and send in their scratched limited-edition disks for a free exchange through the end of December.

"We have identified that there are some instances of blemishes on discs as a result of the packaging," said Microsoft spokesman David Dennis in an e-mailed statement. "This is a small fraction of the total number of Halo 3 games shipped and sold, and is a limited production version of the game."

Richard Mitchell, the lead writer of the Xbox 360 Fanboy blog, said one of the disks that came in his limited-edition set is scratched but the damage didn't seem to interfere with its playing.
The AP received several review copies of "Halo 3" in limited-edition tins. Both the game disk and an "essentials" disk had come loose from plastic housing designed to keep them in place. The game disk had been scratched but seemed to work fine.
"It sounds like it's just an aesthetic thing, though who wants to pay full price for something scratched?" said Brian Crescente, managing editor of Gawker Media's Kotaku.com video game blog.

Full Story: Associated Press (via cbsnews)

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

And I've just ordered Halo 3 normal edition £37.80 on play.com, hope it don't come scratched lol, hopefully ill be all set when I buy my 360 Elite on saturday..so it's just the LE versions getting scratched??

Edited by bucko, 26 September 2007 - 02:48 PM.

#3 NoFace

NoFace

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Sep 26 2007, 03:47 PM) View Post

"This is a small fraction of the total number of Halo 3 games shipped and sold, and is a limited production version of the game."

There you go again M$, making light of what you did wrong dry.gif

#4 degziebob

degziebob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

[..and in other news] Only a small fraction of 360's overheat & give the RRoD..

laugh.gif

#5 itchy

itchy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

I guess anything under 50% is considered a small fraction.

#6 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

Anything that breaks with a MS product will be followed by some high-level guy saying it only affects a small fraction of users. Eventually your brain learns to just skip over that, kinda like when you hear anything being compared to the Wii.

#7 gli7ch

gli7ch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Girls, Cars and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 26 2007, 10:23 AM) View Post

so it's just the LE versions getting scratched??

Seems to me that would be the case.

If all reg.'s were getting scratched, then all 360 games( and DVD movies for that matter ) would be getting scratched.

#8 liam82517

liam82517

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:50 PM

Didnt I read that the legendary Editions where fucked as well? Well done Microsoft way to fuck up your big night there must have been a sony employee in the factory playing dj scratch master sensei with the disks lol How long though before people start jumping ship to the sony platform though? Im not a fan of the ps3 and have always hated that joypad design, but how much more money do we have to waste on microsoft being sloppy?? Its Halo3 FFS people have been waiting with bated breath since that cliff hanger ending to halo2, and microsoft themselves have been beating the shit out of the publicity for over a year and now it comes to the big day and I, and lots of other que up at midnight get our big tin stick it in the 360 its starts to rev up like a lawnmower on its last legs we start a game we see the loading screen and..............WTF!!!!!!!! dirty disk errors!!!! I took mine back the next day I shit you not the guy opened up at least 25 other tins before he managed to find one that wasnt scratched and let me tell you not all the ones he pulled out had came loose from the plastic nub, so whats up with that???? no late night gaming for me and soo many others a night so many were looking forward too ruined because once again Microsoft Fucked us over not cool not cool at all.

#9 masked_giraffe

masked_giraffe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

My limited edition copy arrived today from play.com with both discs loose in the tin. Both were scratched deep enough to feel by rubbing it.

My friend ordered the standard copy from play which was also delivered loose and scratched. They both work at the moment though so I won't be sending away for a replacement which will take weeks!

#10 minimoebius

minimoebius

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

I am still waiting for Microsoft to do something right. The 360 suffers from serious problems (overheating, scratching disks), the xbox 1 power supply could start fires, xbox 1 dirty disk erros, the 360 wireless headset had issues connecting, live updates brick consoles, steering wheel could start on fire, scratched halo disks, etc. etc.

I purchased an xbox 1 and a 360 but I HIGHLY doubt I will buy another Microsoft console again.

#11 getRAWed

getRAWed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 26 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post

And I've just ordered Halo 3 normal edition £37.80 on play.com, hope it don't come scratched lol, hopefully ill be all set when I buy my 360 Elite on saturday..so it's just the LE versions getting scratched??

Standard ed. is £34.99 delivered from GAME. My cousin ordered in the late evening on Monday and it came today!

An LE I saw when opened had the game disc loose and minor scratches that dissapeared after a wipe.

Edited by getRAWed, 26 September 2007 - 06:49 PM.

#12 Merkaba

Merkaba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:58 PM

i guess the only thing ms did right in this situation is deciding that the proprietary format for the 360 would be DVD opposed to anything next generation. Thus making it very cheap to replace these scratched discs.

#13 ockingshay

ockingshay

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

mine too is indeed scratched, but with a 2 week turn around, it will have to wait until later in the year. The holding mechanism is truely dismal, no wonder it came loose sad.gif

#14 sunami88

sunami88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

Seriously, mine was affected, and just from the people I know, if I were to guess, I'd say that its far more than 50%...

#15 unistyle

unistyle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(masked_giraffe @ Sep 26 2007, 07:00 PM) View Post

My limited edition copy arrived today from play.com with both discs loose in the tin. Both were scratched deep enough to feel by rubbing it.

My friend ordered the standard copy from play which was also delivered loose and scratched. They both work at the moment though so I won't be sending away for a replacement which will take weeks!

how could a standard copy be scratched? it is in the same case all 360's come in. this only applies to discs that were in the LE tin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users