X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Sep 26 2007, 07:36 PM) View Post

I propose a national holiday. It can be called "Halo Day".

i 110% totally agree... i'm sure m$ could have that aranged, make it a major holiday like christmas or any religious equivelent. school will be closed for the following week that'd be awesome

#17 The_Flash

The_Flash

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

To elaborate on the comparison discussion, you should also note that while books and movies can potentially be sold to 'anyone', Halo 3 required consumers to have purchased an Xbox 360. So Microsoft and Bungie were already dealing with a much smaller potential consumer segment than any movie or book.

Sure, the game costs a lot more than a movie ticket or book. But think about the actual number of potential consumers (those that have 360s) that went out and purchased the game the first day and the number of potential consumers in the Spider-Man 3 arena that went to see that on opening night. I would guess the percentages would edge to Halo 3's favor, and when you add that to the difference in price you have your new entertainment champion.

Yes, we can dispute other nuances such as Spider-Man 3 only showing on x number of screens at x number of times on opening night, as well as some other points. But the bottom line is that Halo 3 made an absolute killing on the relatively "small" number of installed Xbox 360 customers.

#18 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:30 AM

Nice bit of $ for them tongue.gif

#19 spurs2k5

spurs2k5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

Although i hate HALO with a passion, M$ did a great job with the promoting and the advertising. I expected a nationwide phenom, and thats exactly what happened. So far few buddies on XBL have said that the multiplayer is the same just new maps and that the campaign is way too short, and have been some what dissapointed. Thats a good thing cause now everyone gets back on Gears biggrin.gif

#20 Nomad68

Nomad68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Not bad for a game that freezes up your 360. I love Halo but this...omfg!

#21 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Nomad68 @ Sep 27 2007, 06:40 AM) View Post

Not bad for a game that freezes up your 360. I love Halo but this...omfg!

You mean your 360. It isn't a general problem, just a you problem.

lthough i hate HALO with a passion, M$ did a great job with the promoting and the advertising. I expected a nationwide phenom, and thats exactly what happened. So far few buddies on XBL have said that the multiplayer is the same just new maps and that the campaign is way too short, and have been some what dissapointed. Thats a good thing cause now everyone gets back on Gears biggrin.gif

Actually, the general consensus from what I've heard and read is the single player is a little short yes, but the multiplayer has vast improvements. Both in the maps, in the gameplay, in the overall immersion of the game, and in terms of stats/ranks and the ability to get you to want to play.

I think you are just searching for a reason to hate on Halo. tongue.gif

I only see 2 downsides of the game so far, 1 being campaign is a tad short, and 2 being that there are some jaggies from time to time. Other than that, it is excellent.

Edited by Maverick0984, 27 September 2007 - 02:23 PM.

#22 1nsan3

1nsan3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Location:United States Of This is not a free country no more
  • Interests:Banging The Govt
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

Im Glad its finnaly over because im sick and tired of hearing about this game. I hate it, But i wont critisise you for playing it ( yet ) smile.gif

Hopefully this game dont get modded maps etc, ( turn out like a halo 2 ) otherwise Halo will only be known fo cheaters.

Note: cheating ESPECIALLY on live only shows you suck really really bad!!! an ya proved i to all of us.

#23 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Sep 27 2007, 09:20 AM) View Post

Im Glad its finnaly over because im sick and tired of hearing about this game. I hate it, But i wont critisise you for playing it ( yet ) smile.gif

Hopefully this game dont get modded maps etc, ( turn out like a halo 2 ) otherwise Halo will only be known fo cheaters.

Note: cheating ESPECIALLY on live only shows you suck really really bad!!! an ya proved i to all of us.

I ran into cheaters on Halo 2 very very rarely. I think this was overblown by people and most were/are banned when found. I played alot of Halo 2 and can count on 1 hand how many times this happened.

Compared to something like Counterstrike? I consider it a non-issue.

Edited by Maverick0984, 27 September 2007 - 03:16 PM.

#24 Tiuk

Tiuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(cyberg4 @ Sep 26 2007, 08:03 PM) View Post

I wasn't too sure if that was a live map that would change according to who is playing. however the eastern portion of North America is much more densely populated than the west an mage taken from space will show you that as well.
IPB Image
just out of curiosity does anyone know internationally how Halo ranks as a media release? mainly if anyone knew how much Harry Potter 7 raked in in it's first 24 hours (I am assuming that would be the largest internationally)

Ahh, I think you solved it. I didn't realize that about the population density, as I'm not an American.

And it seems that the map is live, Western Europe has a lot more people playing now than it did two days ago.

Edited by Tiuk, 27 September 2007 - 09:22 PM.

#25 twanbiz

twanbiz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

to the person who doesnt think this is a big deal because books and movies cost much less, how many more people watch movies and read books then those that play video games? This is truly remarkable, considering the gaming population as opposed to the movie or book population, the numbers are staggering.

#26 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(twanbiz @ Sep 27 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post

to the person who doesnt think this is a big deal because books and movies cost much less, how many more people watch movies and read books then those that play video games? This is truly remarkable, considering the gaming population as opposed to the movie or book population, the numbers are staggering.

agreed this feat is absolutely amazing!

hopefully by now those that are trying to rationalize this record away for whatever reason have seen the error of their thoughts...

#27 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:33 AM

Pwn Sauce! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users