xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:32 AM

Got the LE Halo 3 today love.gif and had to take it back because of the scratched disc issue mad.gif . Game gave me a replacement and I happily played for a few hours and then turned the 360 off. Now when I switch it on I get the RROD!! grr.gif Bad timing or what? Its never happend before.
Do I need to send it to MS or will the shop I got it from (Argos) replace it? Its only seven months old.

#2 manxbox44

manxbox44

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:06 AM

did you get the in store replacement plan from them? if not send it back to MS.( thats if you haven't opened the system itself.)

#3 davidrose9

davidrose9

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:37 AM

Dito played 3 hours no troubles with the scratch disc, but 3RL and this is terrrible third time for me

#4 p3eps

p3eps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(xess @ Sep 27 2007, 01:08 AM) View Post

Got the LE Halo 3 today love.gif and had to take it back because of the scratched disc issue mad.gif . Game gave me a replacement and I happily played for a few hours and then turned the 360 off. Now when I switch it on I get the RROD!! grr.gif Bad timing or what? Its never happend before.
Do I need to send it to MS or will the shop I got it from (Argos) replace it? Its only seven months old.

Argos normally give you 1 year warranty - so I would just take it back to them.
Chances are they'll just swap it over.

#5 Stejosh

Stejosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE(p3eps @ Sep 27 2007, 07:56 AM) View Post

Argos normally give you 1 year warranty - so I would just take it back to them.
Chances are they'll just swap it over.

as far as i can tell they will replace it in the first 90 days. i had a PSP which i replaced a month after i got it because off a fauly screen. i then had that one for 4 more months be4 another problem and they wouldnt replace it. i had to use the insurance i took out with them on it.

silly :|

mite just be my luck tho.

Ste

#6 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

Tried it again this morning before work and it started up no problem! How long is it likely to last before it totally fails? Is there any kind of time frame?

#7 p3eps

p3eps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Stejosh @ Sep 27 2007, 08:06 AM) View Post

as far as i can tell they will replace it in the first 90 days. i had a PSP which i replaced a month after i got it because off a fauly screen. i then had that one for 4 more months be4 another problem and they wouldnt replace it. i had to use the insurance i took out with them on it.

silly :|

mite just be my luck tho.

Ste

I worked at Argos for almost 5 years when I was a student. We always replaced stuff like that as long as it was under a year old.

QUOTE(xess @ Sep 27 2007, 09:31 AM) View Post

Tried it again this morning before work and it started up no problem! How long is it likely to last before it totally fails? Is there any kind of time frame?

I would get it replaced straight away whilst its still under warranty.

#8 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

If I take it back for a replacement, how do I know if its a newer version? If I ask for one with hdmi, is it safe to say its not going to fail on me seven months down the line?

#9 Tortuga2112

Tortuga2112

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:refs: <br />toraxe<br /><br /><br />scammers:<br />none
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(xess @ Sep 27 2007, 09:31 AM) View Post

from everyone I've spoken to , as soon as this starts happening, it usually just gets worse. i'd bring it back

#10 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

The retailer is responsible for sorting out manufacturers warranties up to 1 year from date of purchase. You can just take the console back to Argos with original receipt and get a new one there and then. No need to call M$ and have them mess you about for a few weeks smile.gif . If you're lucky you might get one of the newer HDMI models that are starting to appear.

#11 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:53 PM

We do have a Halo3 forum tongue.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...p?showforum=190

Edited by bucko, 27 September 2007 - 05:54 PM.

#12 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Sep 27 2007, 06:23 PM) View Post

The retailer is responsible for sorting out manufacturers warranties up to 1 year from date of purchase. You can just take the console back to Argos with original receipt and get a new one there and then. No need to call M$ and have them mess you about for a few weeks smile.gif . If you're lucky you might get one of the newer HDMI models that are starting to appear.

Apparently not. The console failed completely 48 hours after the first ROD, so I took it back to Argos who refused to have anything to do with it. They claim to have been instructed by M$ not to exchange any consoles and they gave me the support phone number telling me it was up to me to sort it out with M$.
Obviously I am less than happy about this. The first year of warranty is between me and the trader, NOT the manufacturer! I called Argos customer services and complained and they said they would speak to the store in question and call me back. That was this morning and still no phone call. I plan to go to Trading Standards on monday for advice before sending it back to M$.
The best bit is I went to my mates house last night and he had the ROD during the week, took it back to Game Station who gave him a brand new console there and then!!
On the up side I have a fantastic girlfriend who went into Game Station herself, told them about the carry on with Argos and they they sold her a used Premium for a hundred quid! Console only, no cables or HDD but its got a years warranty with the store.
In short, do NOT go to Argos to buy an Xbox, because they will do nothing for you when it fails.

#13 photoman

photoman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

mine died today with Halo 3 too. but it freaked out 3 weeks ago on me while i was playing COD3. Halo 3 play (hours spent switched on) killed mine.

#14 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:03 AM

Are you guys sure you have the video cable plugged in properly and all the other cabels as well. Worth a double check. You will get the redlight crap if they're not plugged in right. A friend of mine was all upset thinking his 360 was dead and it was just the video cable. I still have my launch 360 and it hasnt given me a single problem and I use the hell out of it. MS even confirmed that a lot of the problems people encounter with their 360's is user error, not the console failing.

#15 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(xess @ Sep 30 2007, 01:50 AM) View Post

Apparently not. The console failed completely 48 hours after the first ROD, so I took it back to Argos who refused to have anything to do with it. They claim to have been instructed by M$ not to exchange any consoles and they gave me the support phone number telling me it was up to me to sort it out with M$.
Obviously I am less than happy about this. The first year of warranty is between me and the trader, NOT the manufacturer! I called Argos customer services and complained and they said they would speak to the store in question and call me back. That was this morning and still no phone call. I plan to go to Trading Standards on monday for advice before sending it back to M$.
The best bit is I went to my mates house last night and he had the ROD during the week, took it back to Game Station who gave him a brand new console there and then!!
On the up side I have a fantastic girlfriend who went into Game Station herself, told them about the carry on with Argos and they they sold her a used Premium for a hundred quid! Console only, no cables or HDD but its got a years warranty with the store.
In short, do NOT go to Argos to buy an Xbox, because they will do nothing for you when it fails.

Argos are mis-informed on consumer law. Ring trading standards. The original contract is with the retailer and here the retailer is responsible for sorting this out for you. Within 6 months of purchase the onus is also on the retailer to prove the unit does not have an inherent fault. They don't have a leg to stand on. Push them all the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users