Photo

GamerMetrics: Xbox 360 UT3 Delayed Over Halo Hype?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Xbox-Scene

Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:33 AM

GamerMetrics: Xbox 360 UT3 Delayed Over Halo Hype?
Posted by XanTium | September 26 20:33 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamasutra.com:

IGN Entertainment has said in its latest GamerMetrics report that among the nearly 15,000 gamers surveyed, the Xbox 360 SKU of Midway's Unreal Tournament III has emerged with the strongest affinity to fans of Halo 3.

As the report notes, if the Xbox 360 SKU for UT3 had launched at the same time as its PS3 and PC versions, due out in November, it might have been buried under an avalanche of Halo hype. But releasing it next year ensures that it'll reach Halo 3 fans at a time when they might be more receptive.

Full Story: gamasutra.com

#2 metalcoat

metalcoat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:06 AM

A SKU for every game, what a waste.

#3 quarky42

quarky42

X-S Senior Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:36 AM

Today's news brought to you by the fine folks at The Department for Redundancy Department Department.

#4 BasicAir

BasicAir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Everything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:54 AM

This does bring about a good point though.

Some other effects of Halo 3 are the following:

I bet in other Live titles it's harder than hell to find games in now. I don't play them anymore, but a game like F.E.A.R. on Live was fun, or how about CoD2 or CoD3 or CoD4 MP Beta? I bet it's hard to find a lot of games at all in those games on your 360 on XBL right now.

It's a shame, really...

I look at my friends list and everyone signed on right now (22 at this moment) are all playing Halo 3. Really -- No kidding. That's great for MS as a business, but bad for those gamers who may not have Halo 3 or may not want to play Halo 3 on Live but rather wish to play with tons of people in other 360 Live titles.

Personally, yeah Halo 3 is great. But I have more fun playing the CoD4 MP Beta. No joke -- I really do. And when CoD4 releases in November, there's no doubt that the community that plays it will be a LOT smaller than it would be if Halo 3 had never launched. I'd bet about 50% smaller than as if Halo 3 had never came out. It's a shame also for the companies behind a game like that because they're losing potentially 50% of sales all because their launch date is way too soon after Halo 3.

I really think MS should have released Halo 2, AND Halo 3 both in Spring/Summer seasons when new, top-grade game titles simply don't come out. MS would still break sales records, too.

But.... w/e. It's okay. I'll shut up now.

#5 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

lol don't blame them..

#6 xboxgamer999

xboxgamer999

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

It sucks to be on live when you don't have halo 3 sad.gif

#7 wassco

wassco

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

Ill do ya one better.....

It sucks NOT to be on live and HAVE halo 3 *sobs*

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Sep 26 2007, 11:30 PM) View Post

This does bring about a good point though.

Some other effects of Halo 3 are the following:

I bet in other Live titles it's harder than hell to find games in now. I don't play them anymore, but a game like F.E.A.R. on Live was fun, or how about CoD2 or CoD3 or CoD4 MP Beta? I bet it's hard to find a lot of games at all in those games on your 360 on XBL right now.

It's a shame, really...

I look at my friends list and everyone signed on right now (22 at this moment) are all playing Halo 3. Really -- No kidding. That's great for MS as a business, but bad for those gamers who may not have Halo 3 or may not want to play Halo 3 on Live but rather wish to play with tons of people in other 360 Live titles.

Personally, yeah Halo 3 is great. But I have more fun playing the CoD4 MP Beta. No joke -- I really do. And when CoD4 releases in November, there's no doubt that the community that plays it will be a LOT smaller than it would be if Halo 3 had never launched. I'd bet about 50% smaller than as if Halo 3 had never came out. It's a shame also for the companies behind a game like that because they're losing potentially 50% of sales all because their launch date is way too soon after Halo 3.

I really think MS should have released Halo 2, AND Halo 3 both in Spring/Summer seasons when new, top-grade game titles simply don't come out. MS would still break sales records, too.

But.... w/e. It's okay. I'll shut up now.

I agree, but also, its **Microshaft** were talking about....they dont care.....they'd sooner bite there own leg off just to get more $$ flow brought in, realize it was a dumb mistake, then try and mend there stupid situation after (Do First, Think after way of thinking) they're known for that stuff..

Edited by wassco, 27 September 2007 - 01:21 PM.

#8 dvsone

dvsone

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Sep 27 2007, 04:30 AM) View Post

COD4 will do great. I've seen so many people say they are gonna pick it up. And when the demo (not beta) drops on Live, millions more people will be drooling over it too. Not everyone is going to be playing H3 for the next 3 years.

Edited by dvsone, 27 September 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#9 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

I really don't think a November release of anything is going to be heavily effected by Halo 3. It is late September now...there is over a month for everything to die down. This is just a game, not a new console. I don't think CoD4 will be effected much, if at all, and especially not 50%, that's ridiculous. As for UT3, releasing it in '08 ? Nah, there is something they aren't telling us, and that is the REAL reason it's been pushed back.

#10 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

When UT3 comes out for PC, my 360 and Halo 3 will collect dust.

#11 Symph0ny

Symph0ny

X-S Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Obveron @ Sep 27 2007, 03:34 PM) View Post

When UT3 comes out for PC, my 360 and Halo 3 will collect dust.

Ditto, I'd rather play UT3 on PC. Here's hoping I don't need to buy a 8800GTS to play it at a decent resolution.

#12 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

Basically what we already knew.
UT3 isn't the only game to be pushed back because of Halo 3, just look at Haze (which now may not coming out for the X360 after all).

You would never hear Epic admit the obvious though.
And judging by Mark Rein's immature potshot at Halo 3, they're a little ass sore about it....
Why can't they be more like Infinity Ward? IW's pretty confident that COD4 will do great in Nov.
When you think about it, it's like apples and oranges. Both COD4 and H3 while they share the FPS genre in common, are completely different games. One is fantasy and the other is realistic.
I won't even be pulled in to the pointless battle of which game is better, but do know that many Halo fans love the COD series as well. And I'm willing to bet that COD4 will be a great alternative to H3's multiplayer.
We Halo fans need to take a break every now and then smile.gif

#13 dmitri

dmitri

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:11 PM

Burried in a Halo avalanche?

I don't think so.. This has been done before, comparing Halo Beta to Gears. I do think that the two would eat into each others sales quite a bit. I also think that Halo would sell more due to Microsoft's staggering Marketing budgets.

#14 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Its finally hear and its a great game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users