#16 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:12 AM

Someone else already said it.. but I'll reiterate. Every time a new game goes retail, especially a big one we get the report how this game doesn't read for them. (bound to always have a few bad in the batch, regardless of QC)

we also usually see "this game caused" this posts. RROD, lockups, etc.

non of this is new.. non of this is unique to Halo 3, or even Halo 3 regular edition disks.

While the game is the same across the 3 game sku's, we are bound to see "more" or these stories in the "regular" edition, simply because, that sku got the lion share of the disk. the other 2 sku's are not produced in the same quantities, not even close.

For a small few in this bunch of people reporting problems, they may, or will soon have to face the possibility that their beloved xbox is about to croak. In all likelihood totally unrelated to the loading of this game in their system, but little we, or anyone else will tell them will convince them otherwise given past history during these events.

#17 jims360

jims360

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:12 AM

My friends having the same problem, doesnt work on his box which is a early release one, so we tryed on a friends elite still no luck, so we took it back to the shop and would you believe it worked on their console blink.gif

#18 maxcrazy2

maxcrazy2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE(dvsone @ Sep 28 2007, 01:12 AM) View Post

Only problem I've had is falling over a cliff just as I just hit a checkpoint. Execute infinite loop, haha.

Sucks that these people are having problems, hopefully they can get swift replacements.

I had the same thing happen to me at one of the last checkpoints, had to redo the entire last act.

#19 fullmore

fullmore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(snkbte @ Sep 27 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

If the game plays fine on a different console why do you think the disk is the problem? It sounds like your disk is fine but your console is faulty.

Because 35 other games I own work fine in the console. Pretty much rules out the system. blink.gif

I also fail to see how one game not working could be an indication your console is about to die. Seems unlikely. Points more toward a faulty disc pressing.

Edited by fullmore, 28 September 2007 - 02:54 AM.

#20 HaredX

HaredX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

This is no bullshit, my friend got Halo3 from GameStop at 12midnight on September 25th, stayed up the whole night playing it and at about 6:30 right as he was going from Cortana to Halo on campaign he got the 3rlod so he turned his xbox off immediately let it cool down a bit then when he turned it back on and tried to load the Halo level it would get to 20% then go back to 0% then back to 20% and back to 0% etc. Then after a while it would say "Disc unreadable could be dirty or scratched" the disc looked to be in mint condition, he called up Microsoft they told him to go to GameStop and see if they would swap, we did and they gave him a new disc. Took it home and Halo loaded up fine and he finished the game. Next day, we were rebeating it on Legendary and the SAME exact thing happened on a different level.

#21 torbjorn

torbjorn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

i have read a lot of this out there now. and it looks horrible..

and BTW- to say its the 360 owners fault that they get a read error or RRod is just frikkin STUPID man..

it now sounds like its SUPPOSED to malfunction if u are 10 yrs old OR just have a 360 in the first place.

is this the way to go??
just bend over and let mS Fxxx you in the Axx??

its just that who happened.. come on.. think about it..

a numerous of 360 are malfunction- a lot of people are having their 360 "repaired" and are pationlly waiting for SEVERAL WEEKS to get their console that they paid GOOD MONEY for back. and
now its the halo3 discs that are screwed up???

what are next step for Ms?

are we soon getting any reports of joysticks BLOWING UP???
causing 10 yrs old children to have their hands BLOWN off`?
are we STILL gonne sit here in front of the pc- and be smart and cocky and say- hell yeah- when they put batteries in their joysticks and frikkin TURN ON their console AT THE SAME time.
they are to expect the control to BLOW UP..

maybe the 360 would have a warning on them..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""WARNING""

This console is not gonna work properly,
the MS company is not for responsible for your use that MAY and WILL cause any problems.
Repairs may take a while, and do NOT expect ANYTHING from us- EVER!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sad- isnt it? money well spend??

#22 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Sep 27 2007, 08:48 PM) View Post

Someone else already said it.. but I'll reiterate. Every time a new game goes retail, especially a big one we get the report how this game doesn't read for them. (bound to always have a few bad in the batch, regardless of QC)

we also usually see "this game caused" this posts. RROD, lockups, etc.

non of this is new.. non of this is unique to Halo 3, or even Halo 3 regular edition disks.

While the game is the same across the 3 game sku's, we are bound to see "more" or these stories in the "regular" edition, simply because, that sku got the lion share of the disk. the other 2 sku's are not produced in the same quantities, not even close.

For a small few in this bunch of people reporting problems, they may, or will soon have to face the possibility that their beloved xbox is about to croak. In all likelihood totally unrelated to the loading of this game in their system, but little we, or anyone else will tell them will convince them otherwise given past history during these events.

this is truth!

look at the insane volume of H3 games sold and then the distribution among SKUs and then think about how many 360s were destined to die at or near this game's release...all of this makes perfect sense...and NO, it is NOT Halo related failures...

#23 edrift101

edrift101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:22 AM

We are going to see lots of overheating problems with this one. Average temps on my system - GPU:55C CPU:47C

#24 nka04a

nka04a

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:23 AM

I donno if anyone has gone over to the Bungie forum, but everyone leaving comments has had problems reading the disk in the exact same place in the campaign. There is probably some kind of bug in the game. I have played through the whole campaign with no problem but I'm playing on a console that I have had to fix myself from the RRoD (not caused by halo 3).

#25 quarky42

quarky42

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(TexT @ Sep 27 2007, 06:43 PM) View Post

Its not the disk. 360 has 3 different DVD drives that varies in quality.

Hitachi, Samsung and Benq

Which one do you this is the root to this?

Its like the Thompson fiasco all over again.

Exactly. Too many variables...

Disc Quality + Drive Quality + XBOX 360 Age + Heat / Temperature variations + Newer Games Demanding more processing power (which in turn feeds back to heat) = RROD

When Microsoft "fixes" consoles they replace a couple parts, especially the burned out processor or motherboard, then they add a different heatsink to try and improve cooling and avoid the temperature extremes that the system already goes through.

When new games come out, they take advantage of the processing power more each time... More processing power creates more heat. More heat is the devil as far as electronics are concerned. Add the new stress to a possibly crappy DVD drive combined with a disc that might have errors on it and sure you'll get disc unreadable errors quickly. The ability of a drive to read a disc goes down as heat goes up. (Although that isn't the only factor...since these discs have encryption on them...they are more sensitive to errors.)

You combine that with people playing new games for "long" periods of time.... and it's nowonder these poorly designed units don't all die much sooner. (It is still Microshaft's fault.... but in a lot of cases it isn't JUST the new video game.... it is a combination of problems. It sure would be nice if there was just one major problem because maybe it could be fixed aftermarket, but there isn't. Even Microsoft admits that these RROD and disc read errors come from many sources.)

#26 quarky42

quarky42

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(HaredX @ Sep 27 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

This is no bullshit, my friend got Halo3 from GameStop at 12midnight on September 25th, stayed up the whole night playing it and at about 6:30 right as he was going from Cortana to Halo on campaign he got the 3rlod so he turned his xbox off immediately let it cool down a bit then when he turned it back on and tried to load the Halo level it would get to 20% then go back to 0% then back to 20% and back to 0% etc. Then after a while it would say "Disc unreadable could be dirty or scratched" the disc looked to be in mint condition, he called up Microsoft they told him to go to GameStop and see if they would swap, we did and they gave him a new disc. Took it home and Halo loaded up fine and he finished the game. Next day, we were rebeating it on Legendary and the SAME exact thing happened on a different level.

Heat. After it cooled down for much longer than "a bit" there is a good chance that the first disc would have worked again.

Discs can heat up = bad
DVD drives can heat up = bad
Motherboard / Processor heating up to = bad
Disc quality to begin with is questionable. (Oblivion was another "rush" job and mine locks up constantly.)

It's hard to say which "one" overheated the worst and "caused" the problem...chances are it was a combo between the DVD drive and disc first...and eventually the motherboard for the RRoD. Then when the mobo cooled off enough the DVD drive and disc still weren't ready....

Just a theory. I'm pretty sure that it isn't just any one thing.

#27 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:08 AM

Only problem I had was a map not loading, constantly sticking at 0%. A simple exit and return fixed it smile.gif

#28 tx81

tx81

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:46 AM

just like to say that it's the first game that i have experienced freezing on me ... not much just like a couple of seconds (not lag) ... it's happen to me like 3 4 times hadn't really payed attention to it but it's the only game i'd played that this has happen to . i got the standard edition h3 disc with absolutely no scratches on it

#29 yourM0M

yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:52 AM

only problem i had was my network crashed and booted me from my co-op campaign.....me and my friend had to restart from the begining of the last level......was pretty intense driving to the point where it crashed....but ended up going fine and we finished the fight jester.gif

#30 noob2modding

noob2modding

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:58 AM

Why are people so surprised? This is common with Microsoft Products. sleep.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users