• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 poopysock5001

poopysock5001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:02 AM

I bought Halo the day it came out and played the crap out of it. Just last night it froze in matchmaking, and when rebooted RROD. Garbled video when starting, probobly GPU connection to board (error code 0102). After it cooled down like three hours later it worked. The next day I got a read error when I tried to play it, restarted and it worked fine. I called customer support and they told me their system was down and to call later. I got on their website and put in my serial number, and it says my console is out of warranty (seal not broken). How is this possible, if the 360s haven't even been out for three years and they extended the warranties to three years (got my xbox Dec 2005)? I guess I'm going to have to get irate with some tech support guy who probobly barely speaks english.

#32 gli7ch

gli7ch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Girls, Cars and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(poopysock5001 @ Sep 28 2007, 01:38 AM) View Post

How is this possible, if the 360s haven't even been out for three years and they extended the warranties to three years (got my xbox Dec 2005)?

I would just do a little bitchin' . My friend had the same exact problem, they were telling him that it would cost i think $129 to fix. Then he just bitched a little and got it free.

Back to topic:
This is, like someone else said, most likely the DVD drives/MOBO's

Games dont kill 360s , People kill 360s with poor placement

"lets put this $400 piece of technology right next to my $1000 HDTV so all the heat from both will accumulate in less than 2 square feet"

Not the "end all" to RRoD. But I think this is probably about 36% of most cases.

Edited by gli7ch, 28 September 2007 - 06:15 AM.

#33 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:18 AM

all 360s are 3 year warrentys. so just call em. sites probly still thinking its 1 year or something this is m$ where talking abought does anything ever work as its supposed to lol.

my 360 rod on my ass to but not on halo it was in backround download mode and i walked in and it was roding my ass. i lucked out thow it was due to my old man hitting my fuse. my pc was flashing to. he seems to think when a braker goes out to hit them all rather then simply looking to see what one is blown. 360s been fine and has gone threw majer halo 3 play so if was gonna be a real rod issue it woulda defently came back then. not even due to me drawing to mutch the one in the kitchen always blowes out if they have the ac on and turn on the microwave.

Edited by luther349, 28 September 2007 - 07:25 AM.

#34 HaredX

HaredX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:42 AM

I love how people are still trying to blame this on the user. Microsoft should have designed the 360 better with more ventilation and cooling. I have my 3.4GHz computer sitting right next to my monitor and neither one ever overheats so why should my 360, no matter where I put it.

#35 abioqaas

abioqaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:52 AM

I say this is down to heat. I had a similar problem with GoW. All my other games would run fine, but GoW frequently ran into "disc read error" error messages. Disc was in mint condition.

I solved the issue with repositioning the Xbox360 for better airflow. GoW propably crashed because it was the most power hungry of my games at the time, thus creating the most heat.

#36 wassco

wassco

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(gli7ch @ Sep 28 2007, 01:50 AM) View Post

I would just do a little bitchin' . My friend had the same exact problem, they were telling him that it would cost i think $129 to fix. Then he just bitched a little and got it free.

Back to topic:
This is, like someone else said, most likely the DVD drives/MOBO's

Games dont kill 360s , People kill 360s with poor placement

"lets put this $400 piece of technology right next to my $1000 HDTV so all the heat from both will accumulate in less than 2 square feet"

Not the "end all" to RRoD. But I think this is probably about 36% of most cases.

Glitch you nailed it right there, the ONLY people i know that have gotten the RROD are people encasing there systems beside other devices pumping out massive amounts of heat...

my systems are both launch, and the ONLY time my system EVER had an issue was because i was trying to make my crap look nice and compacted all bunched together....

soon as i moved it to another location...all was perfect, my temps are always in the correct range, no freezes, no nothing.

every now and then ill get a game to glitch and freeze...but no more then my Nintendo/psone/sega etc did back in the day, its expected...nothing is 100% in life, i cope and deal!

#37 quarky42

quarky42

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(wassco @ Sep 28 2007, 01:40 AM) View Post

Glitch you nailed it right there, the ONLY people i know that have gotten the RROD are people encasing there systems beside other devices pumping out massive amounts of heat...

my systems are both launch, and the ONLY time my system EVER had an issue was because i was trying to make my crap look nice and compacted all bunched together....

soon as i moved it to another location...all was perfect, my temps are always in the correct range, no freezes, no nothing.

every now and then ill get a game to glitch and freeze...but no more then my Nintendo/psone/sega etc did back in the day, its expected...nothing is 100% in life, i cope and deal!

That's utter garbage. My 360 couldn't have more free space around it. My first one died within a month of getting it. This second one has locked up / frozen up on games and given "dirty disc" errors ever since I Got it even on discs that were 100% perfect. The longer it is on, the more likely it will give me problems.

The front, both sides, top, and back are all open cool air. It is nowhere near any heat producing equipment, yet it still acts like a computer that is getting too hot for its own good.

Microsoft says that I'm out of warranty on it..... for anything that isn't the RRoD it is 1 year still. RRoD error is 3 years coverage. If I get "lucky" and my 360 goes all RRoD on me then I can get another repaired one. Bullshit.

#38 zest

zest

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hey you should be HAPPY if your console breaks! With the "new" "replacement" program from m$ you get a "new" xbox after they "repeird" yours!! So be happy a "new" xbox are "soon" going to arrive to your home!

#39 pdx98

pdx98

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

next gen console my a$$!

If halo screws up my 2nd box im getting a ps3...

#40 Leyart

Leyart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(pdx98 @ Sep 28 2007, 12:24 PM) View Post

To play which games?

#41 ThaJuggla

ThaJuggla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

I am one of those who has gotten the disc read errors. I bought my 360 in Feb of this year, and it was Manu'ed in Aug 06. It has played every game fine that I ever put in there... EXCEPT, one time when I put Gears in, it gave me the Disc is dirty it may be the system or the disc error please restart. Then all of a sudden I get Halo 3 and its doing the same thing to me. Now it does it all the time now, says disc is dirty blah blah blah. The disc is perfect, no dirt or scratches... but I did write to Xbox and they told me to restart system as it may be system error... wtf?

Also... I have noticed too that since I have had Halo 3 the system acts goofy. I cant quit back to the dashboard and play UMK3. When I try to do that , I search for open lobbies on UMK3, and it will list like 5 to 7 of them. I wont be able to connect to any of them, and no one can connect to a game that I have open. I have to actually restart the system and go from there.

If my system RRoD's that will be crappy but hey... I'm covered under warranty for a while so hopefully it RRoD's before it expires lol.

#42 proger

proger

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(pdx98 @ Sep 28 2007, 06:24 AM) View Post

next gen console my a$$!

People say that like Microsoft really cares about one individual customer.

#43 viewwin

viewwin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

I played halo for several hours on my xbox 360. I took the same copy to a friends house so he could play it. It forced his xbox to due a update (he doesn't have live) and when the xbox came back on, the dashboard made an odd sound and lines started running through the screen. Then the rrod came on.

#44 madusmacus

madusmacus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

Smells like some people found a good way to try and stop halo3 's glory days maybe even anti xbox peeps.
scratched discs ms owned up to that anyways.
no xbox live here and i was not forced into any update maybe my machine was updated before/
my xbox is 1st gen release week pal machine no rrod so far.
played halo3 campange to nearly the end so far as well.
guess i got lucky.

Edited by madusmacus, 28 September 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#45 Darkjasper

Darkjasper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Gaming, My Girlfriend.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

Well mine works without a problem, brand new hdmi box. Although the release night my limited edition disks were scratched so gamestop switched them with regular copies of the game on the spot. Havent had a freeze or anything like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users