17 replies to this topic

#1 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hi

I've recently fixed the red lights of death but once I got the beast up and running again I can't recover or create profiles on xbox live.

strange thing happened when i booted the 360 for the first time when I'd fixed it, all the profiles on the hard disk disapeared and when i looked in the memory they'd all been corrupted along with most of the save games aswell. I tried recoving my accounts and also creating a new one but it's not having it. I tried formatting the hard drive but to no avail.

basically if i run the connection test it passes fine so the connection is there, when recoving/creating accounts i get through the whole of the process up to when it comes up with the loading bar, it gets 3/4 of the way through then this error code appears:

80150003:4294967295

and a message saying "make sure your hard disk is inserted and that you have an internet connection"

obviously this is a nonsense message as the hard drive is fine saving games and creating non-live profiles and also the connection test passes everytime. I dare not try to put someone else's hard drive in my 360 in case it corrupts theirs to.

Surprisingly microsoft have been less than helpful, they won't tell me what the error means or what's causing it after 8 phone calls. There was a thread on the xbox.com forum about it where loads of other people had the same problem but they shut it down and replaced it with a link to the microsoft tech support page, all's it says it to ring microsoft support, which of course is a waste of time as they won't tell you anyway, to be honest I've been lied to on at least 3 of these phone calls as this error isn't in their scripts they fob me off with nonsense solutions like opening ports that arn't closed in the first place.

just wondering if anyone on here has come across this before or even knows what the cause of this problem is, i'm sure I've got more hope of getting a straight answer off this forum as thanks to xbox scene i was able to fix the red lights of death (nice one whoever came up with the toothpick trick) biggrin.gif

#2 h3xagram

h3xagram

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

Toothpick trick?

#3 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(h3xagram @ Sep 28 2007, 11:33 AM) View Post

Toothpick trick?

stick some toothpicks in the xclamp under the gpu, gets rid of those pesky red lights. well that and some thermal paste

#4 Mac McMacmac

Mac McMacmac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

OMG!!!
im having exactly the same problem!
ive called support 4 times so far! and they keep fobbing me off, and i never DID get ANY sort of callback >.<

i dont know what to do, i cant find anyone who's fixed the problem on the internet yet

maybe its a problem with the hard drive and i should get a new one... though all offline games work perfectly
not had a single problem with Halo 3 yet!
i just cant go on xbox live.

it started saying i had to recover my gamertag after receiving some sort of update, about roughly the 21st of september, what set your problem off do you think?

#5 doozey

doozey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

Same as that, Ive got the error mesage too, 80150003;0.
dont know what to do, ive called ms twice now, with them saying they would call me back in 48hours to sort the problem out!!
im still waiting for the call. Also i cant sign in with my gamer tag on xbox.com, it seems like they have blocked my whole connection. What is going on, somebody please help!!!

#6 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(doozey @ Sep 29 2007, 09:50 PM) View Post

Same as that, Ive got the error mesage too, 80150003;0.
dont know what to do, ive called ms twice now, with them saying they would call me back in 48hours to sort the problem out!!
im still waiting for the call. Also i cant sign in with my gamer tag on xbox.com, it seems like they have blocked my whole connection. What is going on, somebody please help!!!

error 80150003;0 is a different error code that is fixable (u lucky sob ohmy.gif) ring microsoft and they will unlock your account, that's just them being retarded.

@Mac McMacmac

yes microsoft are being complete tossers about it mate. it's been going on for 4 months with some people and not 1 person has had a resolution. ringing microsoft is pointless as they either lie or make some bullsh*t up. If you look at their support website it says they know the problem and to ring tech support to get it fixed, yet when you ring support they pretend they know nothing about it. if you mention the error code in the forum you've about a 10% of it getting through the moderators. dodgy as.

thing that annoys me is, i havn't had a working 360 for 6 months, i spend 5 days getting it working again to find out microsoft have fooked it up in a different way.

some people have said that if you take your hard disk and put it in someone elses 360 and recover your accounts you can then put it back on your own 360 and it works. havn't tested it myself yet as i'm worried if i do that i might corrupt someone else's 360. same as trying a different hard drive on my own 360 might corrupt their hard drive. my mates got a broken 360 so i might fix that and try it on that, if it fooks up it doesn't really matter as it was broke in the first place

If your brave enough give it a go and let me know how you got on.

not sure what set mine off unfortunately as it's been dead with the 3 red lights of death for 6 months, once it was working again i put the hard drive in, all my profiles were corrupted apart from the one profile that wasn't associated with xbox live. I did an update from the bioshock disk and then i tried xbox live and got that stupid error, formatted the hard drive and tried to connect again, same error.

what a load of balls

#7 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

well b*gger me if i just havn't received a grovelling call from microsoft. They have offered to exchange my 360 and apologised for the uselessness of themselves, for me that's no use as i voided the warranty years ago but for all you who are still in warranty i think that's probably the easiest way to go.

i did have a chat with the bloke on the phone who seemed a bit more clued up and he said the problem is with the network card (well chip i pointed out to him so maybe he wasn't more clued up)

It wasn't untill i came off the phone that i realised what a load of nonsense that was because:

1. i can connect online or i wouldn't get to the point of saving the gamertag and also the connection test passes everytime

2. why would a dodgy network card corrupt gamertag profiles and save games like it seems to have done with everyone who has had this problem??????

so basically sorry lads i missed an opportunity to maybe get some more clues and i'll be b*ggered if i'm ringing them again biggrin.gif

#8 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Not that I believe them, but if it truly is the network card then shouldn't the wireless adapter get you working?

Edited by Toddler, 02 October 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#9 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(Toddler @ Oct 2 2007, 06:31 PM) View Post

Not that I believe them, but if it truly is the network card then shouldn't the wireless adapter get you working?

not a bad idea mate, i suppose the only problem is if you buy one and it still doesn't work you've just wasted your money on the adapter and a new wireless router biggrin.gif

saying that though my mate runs his off wireless so i could try it out without spending any money.

right hopefully i might have some answers this evening.

i'm going to test the following:

- a working hard drive in my corrupted xbox
- my corrupted hard drive in a working xbox
- trying to recover/create profiles with a wireless adapter with the corrupted 360 and corrupted hard drive

if anyone can think of anything else worth trying i'll give it a go and let everyone know later.

#10 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

well i ran some tests. it didn't go well...................

unfortunately i couldn't test the wireless because his is cabled into his modem.

i tried a working hard drive from a working 360 onto the dodgy one. it instantly corrupted all the profiles and save games (not quite sure how i'm going to break it to my mate that his 40 odd hours on two worlds no longer exists......)

i put the now newly corrupted hard drive back into the working 360 and it recovered the profiles with no problems. Put it back into the dodgy 360 and it instantly corrupted everything again.

so basically i don't think using a wireless adapter will make any difference as it's definately the console rather than the hard disk or the networking hardware.

basically we're all screwed unless yours is under warranty and you can get it exchanged uhh.gif

sounds like a software issue to me so you'd think microsoft would be able to do a fix. problem is this has been going on for 4 months and they've done nothing about it so i wouldn't hold out any hope of it actually happening. Seems rather severe if it can corrupt any hard drive that you put on it. sounds kinda virusy to me............

ah well i've been given another 360 with the red lights of death so i'll fix that and see if i can find a way round the problem.

#11 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

some additional info if anyone's interested.

when putting the hard drive in the dodgy xbox it doesn't actually corrupt the profiles and save games, if you put the hard disk back into a working xbox the profiles and save games are all still there, so basically the dodgy xbox can't read the live profiles and save games associated with that profile.

doh!!

wish i'd worked that out before i formatted my mates hard drive thinking i'd knackered it.

#12 kdubbz

kdubbz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:21 AM

Im still having this problem, called xbox back when the problem first started, which was right after the spring update. They cannot fix this problem. I dont know one person who got this error code fixed and could recover their live account. I will call again and see if they give me the runaround again... Later... keep this post updated with any new news for this error code.

#13 savagebeasty

savagebeasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(kdubbz @ Oct 11 2007, 04:57 AM) View Post

Im still having this problem, called xbox back when the problem first started, which was right after the spring update. They cannot fix this problem. I dont know one person who got this error code fixed and could recover their live account. I will call again and see if they give me the runaround again... Later... keep this post updated with any new news for this error code.

good luck mate i've spoke to them about 10 times and everytime i get a different answer, they just make nonsense up. If your in the UK you've got no hope as you have to ring bangladesh or somewhere round there, they don't speak good english, the line is so bad you can hardly hear them and they just make things up to get rid of you.

there must be some way to uninstall updates, you can get rid of specific game updates by clearing the cache of the hard disk so you'd think there would be some way of uninstalling the dashboard updates that sit on the xbox itself rather than the hard disk. I reckon if we could do that to set it back to it's default factory state then there's a good chance that will get rid of the error and then we can download the updates again, hopefully not causing the same problem second time around.

I suppose there's absolutly no hope of us being able to do that though, i imagine you'd need the original bios software which i'm sure is not readily available, something like the playstation scph1001.bin that you need to run a playstation emulator. I'm clutching at straws ohmy.gif(

i wouldn't even know how you would load the dashboard software onto the 360 even if you had it ohmy.gif(

i'll be honest mate sony lost me cause the PS2 was so badly built compared to the original xbox, this time round it seems to be the other way round and the 360 is infinitely worse than the PS2 ever was.

#14 kdubbz

kdubbz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:48 AM

I called MS support and It took a total of 2 phone calls and a total of 1 1/2 hours and 5 total transfers on the 2nd call, first call I got a cool kid on the phone who spoke perfect english, he put me on hold to a supervisor and after being on hold for 5 seconds I was disconnected. 2nd call was a total of 1 hour and none of them were easy to understand except for the 1st live support tech, after that it was all down hill. I was finally transfered to hardware support and they told me the xbox was still under warrenty and it needs to go in for service. Have to send in the xbox without a harddrive and I will let you all know if this resolves it. Later.

#15 saboten

saboten

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

I had the exact same issue. Xbox support told me that I needed to send it in without the hard drive since I tried my hard drive on another xbox with no issues. They said it was going to be free of charge even though it's out of warranty.

Anyone get their xbox back fixed yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users