#1 MercilessGunner

MercilessGunner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

I am looking at trading in my XBOX 360 Premium console for an XBOX 360 Elite and I just want to clarify some concerns regarding DRM (Digital Rights Management). Like most of everyone else I have purchased content from the XBOX Live Marketplace such as Arcade Games, and extra bonus content for my games. It seems that when you purchase content from XBOX Live it signs it to your XBOX Live account and your consoles serial number. From what I understand, if I were to buy a XBOX 360 Elite and download all of this content again to my new console with the larger hard drive, I would only be able to use it if I was signed into XBOX Live because my console serial number would be different. I have a memory card to transfer my gamer profile, gamer pictures, themes, and saved games to my new console, so I should be covered there. If this is true, then I will not be able to play my purchased songs on Guitar Hero 2 unless I was connected to XBOX Live. This sucks. Am I wrong on anything I mentioned or am I leaving anything out in regards to upgrading consoles? blink.gif

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

You are correct, though I just think you have to be signed in once to active it, then be in the gamertag (offline mode etc) to use it..

There is an offcial MS transfer kit you can get, that makes the job easier...

http://www.xbox.com/...tamigration.htm

though I've read it takes a while for them to deliver it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users