Photo

Wireless Headset..diy Bluetooth Headset?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Quads and cars! I used to love modding 360s, but when I got my new falcon I stopped =/ .
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:29 AM

SO i have heard a lot of mixed feelings for the wireless m$ headset.

Is it good? Do you have to scream when your talking?

??

But there is also this thing called the Jabra a210, it converts a non-blue tooth cellphone into a cell that can be used with a blue tooth headset, My question is, would this be effective at all? I read that it has been done, but they never gave a response on how well it works.

You think i should just forget it and get the wireless one?

#2 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

the wireless headset is OK, the range sucks at least mine does. i got it on ebay used for 15 bucks Wahoo!
but i have also been thinking about bluetooth, i fact it was last night. you must have ESP or something. the jabra adapters have a 3.5mm mini jack (i think thats the size) and so do the controllers. the only problem is you will have to change the volume with the guide blade. at least that was the problem with using wired cellular headsets. unless the bluetooth headset has a volume control or the bluetooth dongle. i might get one and hack it up.

Edited by Navillos, 29 September 2007 - 02:10 PM.

#3 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Quads and cars! I used to love modding 360s, but when I got my new falcon I stopped =/ .

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

Like i play across my parents room, sometimes im in my room playing at 1 in the morning, and i dont wanna be screaming for people to hear me with the wireless mic..

I was going to find a bluetooth headset with a mute and volume controls on it, or i had this adapter where it would plug into the controller and then u can plug any mic into and have mute and volume controlls..

I was just going to mount it on the battery pack, and paint it white, nice and simple..

#4 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

you dont have to yell into them, the mic is pretty sensitive. but the blutooth has better range i think, plus if you have a bluetooth phone you wont ever have to take it off. biggrin.gif

Edited by Navillos, 29 September 2007 - 02:37 PM.

#5 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Navillos @ Sep 29 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

you dont have to yell into them, the mic is pretty sensitive. but the blutooth has better range i think, plus if you have a bluetooth phone you wont ever have to take it off. biggrin.gif

Ha ha i forgot about that, lol..

You wont have to yell into the bluetooth ether? I was looking at this multi use headset for like 38$ and it has volume control, but the cool thing is when im play xbox, and i get a call on my cell i can press a simple button and it will answer the call pretty cool lol..

Last question, which one is easier to wear? This will determine it for me lol

#6 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

well id probably say the bluetooth, but ive never had one so i cant say from personal experience. look at both earpices in pictures and judge from there. the MS headset is kinda bulky and bluetooth sets come in all shapes and sizes. let me know how it goes and post what you get i might get one as well

#7 FILTHY J NASTY

FILTHY J NASTY

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(Navillos @ Sep 29 2007, 04:00 PM) View Post

well id probably say the bluetooth, but ive never had one so i cant say from personal experience. look at both earpices in pictures and judge from there. the MS headset is kinda bulky and bluetooth sets come in all shapes and sizes. let me know how it goes and post what you get i might get one as well

Worse comes to worse i can just resell everything lol..

I will prob be doing the bluetooth, to see how it is, when i buy and get everything ill update this thread with some info.

#8 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

cool sounds good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic