4 replies to this topic

#1 Heebs

Heebs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:19 AM

I plan on picking up a wide screen monitor to play my 360 on and I wanted to get some headphones so I don't bother my wife.

What are my options in terms of routing the sound from the xbox to a headphone set? I don't want to pick up a speaker system. Am I SOL or is there some sort of decoder or whatnot out there that can covert the TOSLink out to something manageable?

Thanks.

#2 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

well if you are getting a monitor and are planning on using the OFFICIAL VGA cable from microsoft, it has the option to use optical out or it also has stereo out via the red and white cables and comes with one of THESE in the package, so to hook up your headphones all you would need to buy is one of THESE

#3 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:46 AM

Or if you dont have the official MS cable you can just run to Radio Shack and get them both for about $6 total.

#4 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

Both of those options are only going to give you the unamplified L and R signals. You should be able to hear what is going on, but it will be very quiet. I know you said you don't wan't to buy speakers, but you could get one of those converters, plug the amplified speakers into that, then plug the headphones into the headphone jack on the speakers. This would allow you to use the volume control on the speakers to amplify the signal.

#5 Heebs

Heebs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the input. I picked up the RCA splitter and female to female jack for about a buck. Going to get some nice headphones and see what I need from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users