#1 sm0kie

sm0kie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

If you have had the RRoD and had to get your 360 fixed email me at tinmc@hotmail.com, I think we deserve some sort of compensation, if we start a civil action against MS we should get somewhere (they don't want the publicity, trust me wink.gif ). They say there 3 year warranty is as compensation! More like they had no choice "fit for purpose". They have given compensation before for a faulty windows update that killed my hard drive so I know MS do give in, it just looks like the xbox team are harder. A mass civil action would scare the bosses into wrapping the xbox teams knuckles wink.gif.
Free games for all! biggrin.gif (or at least a refund of the month of xbox live you pay for but cant use, they dont even want to give that back at the mo!)
Smokie.

#2 sm0kie

sm0kie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

Wow! not one email! Does everone not really mind MS are screwing you over? If I'd of had more (or at least some) interest I would be tying the instructions to get a free month xboxLIVE gold now instead of this mad.gif
I will be looking into filing an action soon, this is your last chance to get something back for all the hassle involved in MS's mistakes.

#3 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

legal action will not be possible due to them changing the 3ROD warranty to 3 years and them admitting that they have a problem which was there fault. there already has been bad publicity due to this problem.

they dont owe you anything. that 3 year warranty saves you $400 to buy a new one, and they have been giving out free games to some people on return of there dead xbox.

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

Let me see you are going to take MS to court for 30 days free XBL. You need a job. I seriously hope my Income Tax is not paying your weekly Giro

#5 Stejosh

Stejosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

http://www.howtocomplain.com/

#6 sm0kie

sm0kie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

I can see why MS act the way they do, it seems enough people simply don't care about there rights. I wasn't talking about legal action to get a month free Live, I've already got that from them (in a way, I have actualy paid for this already with my sub so a "refund" is not that an unusal idea.) All you have to do is not take no for an answer, phone back several times while your box is being fixed and hay presto, "a month xboxlive scratch card is being included with your system when it is sent back" . Also how many of you have waited 20-25days? They can do it faster! wink.gif

The 3 year thing is only because MS didnt legally have a choice, there is a law that says goods must be "fit for purpose" and that electrical goods must last a resonable length of time. "admitting that they have a problem which was there fault" exactly.

Thanks for the semi-personal put downs by the way, I guess you either work for MS or just really, really like them (or really, really dislike me)? "You need a job. I seriously hope my Income Tax is not paying your weekly Giro" firstly, I have a job, secondly, I think you'll find people who claim a job seekers giro actually get them fortnightly. And thirdly, having a job is not something MS seem to think I should conform to, the pick up time could only be given as "sometime after 2", meaning I had to stay home all afternoon after having to take a pick up date on a afternoon i could stay home on. This was UPS's fault but MS decided to use UPS, not me. This of course added cost to myself, how many others have lost wages or had to buy a box becuase they dont want you to use the original box :| (its a pitty that MS dont get to see the box you use, UPS repack, I was going to use one of my old xbox boxes, ts not a 360 box, its far worse wink.gif ).

With Christmas coming up the last thing MS want is a feature on all the news channels and magazine prgrams reminding people that they created such a crappy peice of design. I do not feel it is that strange to want something to say sorry from a company the size of MS who have made so much profit off all of us over the years. If they had even just had the UPS guy come to my door to collect my box with a loan one in his hands, or even the possibility of being able to use downloaded content on my HD on a mates box without forcing him to connect to live. Kind of sucks when you spend god knows how much on MSpoints crap and the next week you can't use it.

Im sure that there are others out there who are pretty pissed off with MS and there stupidity (in the design, any first year student could tell them it wouldnt work very long by turning it on and looking inside, would you let your PC pump air out that hot without a fan pulling cool air in? Just seems odd to me).

If everybody is really hapy with the service they have been given then good for them, they are obviosly very easy to please. Lucky world.

#7 sm0kie

sm0kie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

Ha ha, my box was fixed in 15 days, I got everyone else a free month xbox live and not one thank you :|. Bunch of tossers.

#8 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

in the design, any first year student could tell them it wouldnt work very long by turning it on and looking inside, would you let your PC pump air out that hot without a fan pulling cool air in? Just seems odd to me).

that hot air that comes out.... you know where it was before it got hot in the case? it was outside!!!! go look at a hair dryer, do you see a fan blowing cold are into the back? no... rolleyes.gif

#9 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(sm0kie @ Nov 17 2007, 11:49 AM) View Post

Ha ha, my box was fixed in 15 days, I got everyone else a free month xbox live and not one thank you :|. Bunch of tossers.

Take a holiday. I have sent you a ticket. Oh it is free as well.
A complete free month. that should give you something to smile about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users