• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chirotob

chirotob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

I posted this in another section here as well, because I wasn't sure which of the sections was more appropriate for this question.

Ok, I've done ALOT of research and can't find the answer to this question.

I have an xbox modded with an xecuter 2.1lite(I think that was the one), which I had some games and a bunch of emulators and evox installed on.

Anyway, the power source on the xbox died and I've since acquired 2 used xboxes... both of which I plan on softmodding.

What I want to know is, if I take one of my newer xboxes, can I swap my HDD from my modded xbox into it, THEN softmod? Will this erase my evox installation, games, and emulators?

Can I simply do the entire softmod up untill the step where you install evox, but just use my current evox installation from my old HDD?

Please let me know, I would like a little guidance on this.

Thanks in advance,
-Chiro

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Your best option is to run the softmod on a different drive. If you put the current drive to stock C, it would probably work, but I would start fresh.

Since you have the modded Xbox, it will be a breeze getting the exploit on a mem card.

#3 chirotob

chirotob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Oct 1 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post

Your best option is to run the softmod on a different drive. If you put the current drive to stock C, it would probably work, but I would start fresh.

Since you have the modded Xbox, it will be a breeze getting the exploit on a mem card.

That's the problem... the modded xbox is now dead b/c the power supply died.

So what I want is basically to pull the HDD from the now dead(but modded) xbox, and drop it into one of the new ones I have, and softmod it... which is why I wanted to know if this would work... I would rather just softmod it and leave my pre-existing evox on there with everything that is on there as well. Would this actually work?

Also, since I'm new to softmodding, what exactly is putting the current drive to stock C?

#4 deadlychicken

deadlychicken

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

Also, since I'm new to softmodding, what exactly is putting the current drive to stock C?

'stock c' is just when you have all of the original files on the system partition ( c ), as if it were fresh from the factory. ish. in most cases you'll want the newest xbox dash, but it's still considered stock. 'putting it to stock c' just means restoring it to this state.

So what I want is basically to pull the HDD from the now dead(but modded) xbox, and drop it into one of the new ones I have, and softmod it... which is why I wanted to know if this would work... I would rather just softmod it and leave my pre-existing evox on there with everything that is on there as well. Would this actually work?

Basically, no. wink.gif If your drive is unlocked it will boot to an error screen, if it's locked it will boot to a slightly different error screen (since it will have been locked to a different xbox). You'll need to softmod the box first and then do a hotswap, but even that is kinda iffy, depending on what your c drive looks like and if it is locked it won't work at all anyway. dry.gif

If you can, i would suggest doing a power supply mod to get your first box up and running so you can ftp your apps and games off, then transferring it to your new box.

why don't you transplant your modchip into one of the working boxes? then you *might* be able to boot your drive with no messing around. maybe. that would probably be easier than messing with hotswaps. sleep.gif

#5 chirotob

chirotob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(deadlychicken @ Oct 1 2007, 03:47 PM) View Post

'stock c' is just when you have all of the original files on the system partition ( c ), as if it were fresh from the factory. ish. in most cases you'll want the newest xbox dash, but it's still considered stock. 'putting it to stock c' just means restoring it to this state.
Basically, no. wink.gif If your drive is unlocked it will boot to an error screen, if it's locked it will boot to a slightly different error screen (since it will have been locked to a different xbox). You'll need to softmod the box first and then do a hotswap, but even that is kinda iffy, depending on what your c drive looks like and if it is locked it won't work at all anyway. dry.gif

If you can, i would suggest doing a power supply mod to get your first box up and running so you can ftp your apps and games off, then transferring it to your new box.
why don't you transplant your modchip into one of the working boxes? then you *might* be able to boot your drive with no messing around. maybe. that would probably be easier than messing with hotswaps. sleep.gif

any idea where I can find info on the power supply mod? If I can do that, then it's the best possible option, as I'd rather just keep my original modded xbox intact.

#6 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

Try to determine if one of the used xboxes' power supplies will work in your broken xbox. There are three versions of PSU as far as compatibility from xbox versions: v1.0, v1.1-1.5, v1.6

#7 deadlychicken

deadlychicken

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:32 AM

Pictures, diagrams and a link to purchase replacement power supplys if you choose:

http://www.llamma.co..._conversion.htm

#8 bluntted

bluntted

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:10 AM

Well I recently was sort of in the same boat as you. First off, determine what version each of your boxes are. Should be a thread in the faqs on this. Then do some research on the power supplys. Easiest thing to do would be to swap out the ps unit from one of the working boxes.

Any chance you have the eeprom from the old xbox? Do you know weather the hdd from it is locked or unlocked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users