• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Oracle

The Oracle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Hey guys, a friend of my have a xbox360, when we first turn it on, the screen will show, but on the edge there's these purple and pink color line on both side of the screen, turn it off, turn it back on, and now there's no picture at all, however, we still can hear the sound of the game going, but there's no picture, tried to switch it to regular TV, doesn't works either, try it on 3 other different cable, still doesn't work, can anybody help me this this plz?

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

Yeah you're about to have hardware failure. I've seen many start out like yours. First screen get odd color and freezing. That's the gpu starting to lock up your machine. You're gonna start seeing 3 rol soon.....and then after you won't be able to turn on at all.

#3 jesterbomb

jesterbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Oct 1 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post

Yeah you're about to have hardware failure. I've seen many start out like yours. First screen get odd color and freezing. That's the gpu starting to lock up your machine. You're gonna start seeing 3 rol soon.....and then after you won't be able to turn on at all.

Pretty much. Some people, like me, don't even get the 3ROD though.. just no video..

That I know of, no one has come up with a solution to this.. hope the 360 is still under warrenty..

#4 The Oracle

The Oracle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:00 PM

Nope its no longer under warranty, he actually bought it when it first comes out, I mean FIRST comes out, its an antique! But he has another one though, so he be alright...

But to think of the solution, there are fix for over heating.... but there's no fix for the GPU??

#5 hassle

hassle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:38 AM

if he hasnt opened it before then it is still under warranty my man. 3 years

#6 jesterbomb

jesterbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(hassle @ Oct 2 2007, 10:14 PM) View Post

if he hasnt opened it before then it is still under warranty my man. 3 years

I don't think he said it red ringed yet. 3 years only on 3ROD. Hopefully he hasn't voided the warrenty and lucks out by getting the 3ROD.

#7 The Oracle

The Oracle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

Thx for replying guys, but it actually got the ROD about 6 months ago, I fixed it using Erasor Fix, then same day I modded it, it lasted for this long... guess he'll just have to spend $150 + shipping to get it fix now.

Hmm... or maybe he just wrap a towel around it and let it burn out over night, that way its free fix hehe

Edited by The Oracle, 03 October 2007 - 10:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users