• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ravester

ravester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

hey everyone, today i tried to jump in and install XBMC onto my XB by the following method:

Basic Hotswap method (You must have ripped at least 1 audio cd onto your xbox for this to work):
A.) Open your xbox: http://www.xbox-scen...icles/open2.php but do not remove any of the internals. It’s not necessary.

B.) Plug in your power cord and video cord to the back of your xbox with no game in the DVD drive. Then, wait 5 minutes for the xbox to load to the dashboard and then pull out the xbox IDE cable and plug in your PC IDE cable.
Tips:
1. Try not to shake the drive too much while hotswapping.
2. Try to do the hotswap quickly. (Have the PC's IDE cable in your hand while pulling out the xbox's IDE cable).
3. Just because the computer detects the drive (in bios or device manager) doesn't mean you did the hotswap right!!
C.) Hotswap while windows is loaded. This is by far the EASIEST method to get your drive recognized. To do this load windows (xp or 2k) and do the hotswap. Then after the hotswap, right click my computer, go to properties, hardware tab, and load up the device manager. Expand the "Disk Drives" icon. Finally click the "scan for hardware changes" button (looks like a computer with magnifying glass). If you did the hotswap correctly, it will only take a minute for your drive to show up in the device manager. If it takes a long time to detect, then you probably did the hotswap too slowly.
ONLY left click when necessary in the HDD driver program because it is very buggy and will crash if you left click too much. Use right clicks almost exclusively.
D.) Once you can see you drive in device manager, run driver.exe from the "1.1 Explorer" Folder

E.) Do right click "insert file" to put files on the xbox harddrive.

• Insert ‘ST.DB’ from the “1.2 Exploit” directory into “/E/TDATA/fffe0000/music” on the xbox HDD.
• Insert ‘linux.xbe’ from the “1.2 Exploit” directory into “/E/” on the xbox HDD
• Insert ‘evox.ini’ from the “1.2 Exploit” directory into “/E/” on the xbox HDD

F.) Start the xbox with a network connection to your PC

G.) Go into the music blade on your xbox and try to play the soundtrack. The EvoX dash should start now.

H.) Connect to your xbox using an FTP program on your PC

• The Default settings are:

Address: 192.168.0.100
Port: 21
User: xbox
Password: xbox
You can change these settings on the xbox under the settings menu, just remember to save them by pressing exit and save at the bottom of the settings menu.

I.) Once your connected you should see folders (C,D,etc.) that represent that partitions of the xbox HDD.

J.) Go to “/E/” in the FTP program and create a folder called ‘apps’ (case sensitive)

K.) Copy the ‘linux’ folder from “2 Bios” into the ‘/E/apps/’ folder that you just created

L.) Copy the ‘Bios’ folder from “2 Bios” into “/E/” in the FTP program

M.) Restart the xbox and Go into the music blade on your xbox and try to play the soundtrack. The EvoX dash should start. Go into ‘apps’ and run ‘Linux’. After a while you should see a penguin on the screen and some text. Linux will not boot into a desktop like normal. When nothing had changed on the screen for a minute then go to the next step.

N.) Go to your computer and open a DOS window (start – run – “cmd” – ENTER)

O.) Type the following: cd\ ENTER

telnet 192.168.0.64

It should ask for a username and password now. If it doesn’t then try typing telnet 192.168.0.100

root ENTER

xbox ENTER

cd ../../media/E/bios/

./raincoat -p xbox.bin

P.) Now restart the xbox and it should boot straight into the evox dash.

Q.) Go to your local torrent site and download the latest version of ‘Xbox Media Center’ and FTP those files onto your xbox. Rename the main .xbe to default.xbe before you copy the files.

ok i dismantled the xbox, turned it on, then switched over the IDE cable almost instantly (2 seconds without a cable max) yet my comp never found the XB HDD. after extensive searching for devices i switched off the xbox and plugged it back in normally, considering my defeat.

but to my horror, the xbox decided to beep, then turn off, restart, 3 times before it flashed green and red, now when i turn it on i get the same result. the screen never even loads up - (unless the HDD is d/c; then it goes to green flubber and the xbox logo comes up and it stays there, dont know why i mentioned that, cant really expect it to work without a hard drive anyway..)

but yeah i seem to be a bit confused as to why it doesnt work since i never even got to tamper with any of the data. weird. help would be greatly appreciated. my xbox is also the v1.0, if it makes any difference to this situation.

help appreciated, if its an uber hastle to fix just tell me that im done for cause im not buying a new HD or anything. let me know if you have a decent idea as to what i can do with my current materials.

#2 rowandacres

rowandacres

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:37 PM

hey wrong section this is xbox 360 section ..

#3 ravester

ravester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(rowandacres @ Oct 7 2007, 10:13 PM) View Post

hey wrong section this is xbox 360 section ..

you just gave me a bad first impression of this forum. its clearly 'Xbox1' dude! tongue.gif

#4 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

When it turns off and on 3 times then flashes (known as a FRAG wink.gif) Does it go to a screen with a bunch of languages and a number at the top left. If it does what is that number?

#5 ravester

ravester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Oct 9 2007, 02:28 AM) View Post

When it turns off and on 3 times then flashes (known as a FRAG wink.gif) Does it go to a screen with a bunch of languages and a number at the top left. If it does what is that number?

Yes it does! '07'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users