• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Puhvi

Puhvi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

softmodded my xbox by hotswapping xbox to pc and put UXE + Nkpatcher + Shadow C drive + Avalaunch files to xbox hd. At first, everything seemed to work fine, Avalaunch worked and I got ftp working well too. But when I tried to play (original) xbox games, Avalaunch showed that it was reading the disc, but then screen went black or gave error 21. Same thing with dvds.

I changed dvd-drive (from Thomson to another Thomson) and cleaned laser, same thing still. I hotswapped hd to pc, formatted it and used xboxhdm with option 'build new hd from a scratch' and files from Slayers aitoinstaller package. Now xbox opens with m$dashboard, and if I insert game or dvd, it gives message wich says that disc is dirty or damaged.

I don't have any ideas what to do and I have browsed tons of topics and guides but don't know what to do. Any ideas?

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:06 PM

I would look at trying another DVD drive.

#3 Puhvi

Puhvi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Oct 7 2007, 06:42 PM) View Post

I would look at trying another DVD drive.

Well, I already tried another... you think both would be broken?

#4 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

do apps and or games work when launched from the hard drive. never seen a bad dvdrom drive cause error 21. seems that something is not correct in the softmod due to the error 21 which in most cases is trying to launch a xbe file that is not signed.

#5 Puhvi

Puhvi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Overloaded @ Oct 8 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post

do apps and or games work when launched from the hard drive. never seen a bad dvdrom drive cause error 21. seems that something is not correct in the softmod due to the error 21 which in most cases is trying to launch a xbe file that is not signed.

I'll try that when I have time... But it doesn't anymore give error 21, now it just says that disc is dirty or scratched...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users