X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

Hi guys,

A while ago I was checking out a bbc documentary in HD. The video was insanely high-res and the content of the documentary, the locations, everything about it, was just incredible and I had to take some screenshots using MediaPlayerClassic.

The images are really wonderful and some of them I use as my blades backgrounds in MC360. The ones I've found work best are those that are more sparse in detail, low-contrast, just images that don't compete for your eye's attention when they're set as backgrounds. Such as those depicting water or long-shots of the islands themselves. Some people prefer something a bit more neutral as a backdrop and not neccessarily game or movie-related and I think these images are good for those types of people.

But anyway the choice is yours, I've uploaded about 200 snapshots for you to download.
I'm sorry I couldn't do them in a batch, like a rar file for example. But flickr was my first thought, maybe if I find a good place to store 100mb in the near future I'll archive them for easier download.

The resolutions are very high for the images, so I would recommend down-scaling the res to about 1/3rd or maybe even 25% of the original (xbmc will be a bit slow if you use the original sized images).

(am realising now that I could have made it a lot easier for you by downscaling the images before uploading, :s but saying that, some people would want the original resolutions to maintain the fidelity of the HD image- and these could also be used as backgrounds for less xbox memory-intense skins such as xTV (my choice), or Vision maybe).

HD images of The Galapagos Islands

Enjoy.
PantsOnFire.

smile.gif

A few examples:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by PantsOnFire, 09 October 2007 - 08:32 AM.

#2 aka STiXX

aka STiXX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

preeety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users