• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GrunkaLunka

GrunkaLunka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:09 AM

Hey all. I'm sort of starting up and I was so happy that I was able to get three xboxen softmoded all by myself just by doing the proper research, but now I'm having an unusual problem with two of the three.

For some reason these two machines have the same MAC address programmed on them. Obviously this has become an issue now that I've actually hooked up and tried connecting both to the network at the same time. I have a feeling it has to do with a HD replacement I had to perform on them, and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix this.

I'm recalling most of this series of events from memory, so some of it could be wrong.

Almost right after I got the first machine, let's call it xbox01, it started showing signs of a dying HD. There was a clicking noise and you had to turn the machine on and off several times before you could catch the HD spinning up to get it going. I was able to load Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 on it eventually and immediately saved the eeprom to be ready for the (inevitable) HD replacement.

I bought the second machine, (xbox02) thinking that I would use its HD as a replacement for the HD on xbox01. I softmoded xbox02, backed up its eeprom (to a different directory), and unlocked its HD using xboxhdm 1.9, reformatted, locked it using xbox01's eeprom it and loaded it into xbox01. So far so good.

After a few weeks I was finally able to locate a cheap HD that was tested as un/lockable. I then formatted and locked this HD using xbox01's eeprom. I took out xbox02's HD out of xbox01, unlocked it using xbox01's eeprom, and relocked it using xbox02's eeprom.

Which brings me to the point where I am today. Two xboxen with matching MAC addresses. And a very confused router dropping the connection for one of the boxes when the other one tries to connect (understandably so).

So I ask you, fellow enthusiasts, where did I mess up, and more importantly, how do I fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by GrunkaLunka, 10 October 2007 - 03:20 AM.

#2 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:42 AM

LOL when you did the softmod it made a virtual eeprom file
that holds the mac among other info
seeing how you did the soft mod on the same xbox
the info is the same on both HDD's

the fix: go into professional mode

there is a option to update eeprom and thats all you have to do..

OR you can just delete the eeprom.bin and it will allways use the real one
now that you have a backup of each on you PC it's not needed on the xbox HDD's

OR you can just put any file named EEPROM_off.bin in the root of E:\ and it will use the real one

Edited by xman954, 10 October 2007 - 03:49 AM.

#3 GrunkaLunka

GrunkaLunka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:46 AM

Awesome. I read your reply before you gave the two alternatives, so I just figured out how to do the first one. All sorted out now.

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users