• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TimmyBill

TimmyBill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:29 AM

A high-profile court battle over a new Missouri abortion law has fixed a national spotlight on arcane health regulations in at least 28 states.
A federal judge blocked the law and ordered the abortion providers and the state Department of Health and Senior Services to come up with modified rules that would allow the facilities to keep their doors open. If the process fails, the case will go back to the court for a final decision.
ďPeople donít pay attention to them. But in a lot of ways Ė the steady chipping away and the insidious nature of these laws is very real and more threatening than some of the South Dakota-style ban legislation,Ē said Katherine Grainger of abortion rights advocates Center for Reproductive Rights.
The health rules are called Targeted Regulations of Abortion Providers (TRAP) by abortion rights activists, who say the statutes and administrative rules are aimed at reducing the number of abortions by raising operating costs and forcing some clinics to shut down. But an attorney defending the Missouri law said the rules are solely intended to protect the health and safety of women and force abortion clinics to follow the same health codes applied to other medical outpatient facilities.
TRAP laws have been challenged in federal courts in the past. In two cases, courts have said the state had a legitimate interest in imposing health regulations on abortion clinics and ruled the laws did not run afoul of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision, which guarantees a womanís right to an abortion.
According to a report by the texans for public justice, A U.S. District Judge Tom S. Lee rejected the law saying it "was just another example of anti-choice politicians professing to protect women's health while relentlessly passing legislation that cuts off their access to health care services."

#2 crackfeen

crackfeen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

holy hell.. what is their justification for disallowing abortions or raising prices? goddamn bible thumping assholes... i'm sorry i just have very strong views against these people... they're on my shit list right now... remember a while back when they banned harry potter in libraries and schools for promoting witchcraft... yeah it's the same people...
they are backwards and stupid.

as you might have guessed i'm very much pro choice.
and honestly... abortion=baby killing? come on most abortions they do are in the first trimester when the so called "baby" is nothing more than a tumor. it's noninvasive and without sideffects (like birth)
for the most part if the parents want the baby they don't do a second/third trimester abortion unless there are health risks for the mother. and in that case i would much rather have my wife/girlfriend stay alive than a baby that might or might not actually be ok... on that note... how could you love a baby that killed its mother...
so angry!
how do they feel about the morning after pill? cussing.gif killing off some genetic waste before it has a chance to become anything.. in fact lets outlaw condoms because lets face it.. they're preventing a baby that could have been.. while we're there why not just kill off all the sterile women out there... why not their only real purpose in life is to have children... ok i'm ranting about nothing now.. i gotta stop grr.gif

#3 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(crackfeen @ Oct 10 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post

as you might have guessed i'm very much pro choice.
and honestly... abortion=baby killing? come on most abortions they do are in the first trimester when the so called "baby" is nothing more than a tumor.

QUOTE(crackfeen @ Oct 10 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post

how do they feel about the morning after pill? cussing.gif killing off some genetic waste before it has a chance to become anything.

Hey, Crackfeen, your quite the articulated debater. Do I sense a former debating team captain in our midst? How else could such a seasoned strategic comparison be construed by equating human life to genetic waste and tumors. Keep it up, your nuanced insight to abortion may just convince the world to actually create the first drive-thru abortion clinic rolleyes.gif

Iíll never understand how some people can argue so passionately about ending human life.

Moving to the News forum.

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Oct 10 2007, 01:57 PM) View Post

Iíll never understand how some people can argue so passionately about ending human life.

i personally think in most cases where someone would want an abortion, the kid would be born in an unwanting environment otherwise and will have a crappy childhood. also, i have no problem with responsible abortions (condom broke/mom was raped/there is a valid reason for the unwanted pregnancy)

just my opinion wink.gif

#5 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

none of you noticed this is garbage spam? rolleyes.gif

#6 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Oct 10 2007, 04:14 PM) View Post

none of you noticed this is garbage spam? rolleyes.gif

No shit sherlock, especially considering the OP is a new member posting a link to an article over a year old. Though I couldn't resist responding to crackfeens post.

#7 crackfeen

crackfeen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Oct 10 2007, 01:57 PM) View Post

Keep it up, your nuanced insight to abortion may just convince the world to actually create the first drive-thru abortion clinic

a girl can dream lol
and as far as the ending human life.. what makes humans so special.. if we're gonna be killing off animals to better our way of life (food, clothes, etc) why can't we kill humans to do the same.. aren't we all just animals biggrin.gif
on a more personal note.. i love to argue.. and i will defend almost any topic (within reason) the only real topic that i can't defend is the harry potter thing.. i just recently found out about it.. and it just made me soooo mad...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users