11 replies to this topic

#1 SuperJunxMan

SuperJunxMan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 04:44 PM

Hey, I was curious as to what I could fit onto my original HD that comes standard with the xbox. Here is what I would like to put on there - any comments would be appreciated and please let me know if this is possible. Also, Im new to xbox - expert with ps2 - so please don't flame.

I want to put on original HD

1-Super NES Emulator

2-Genesis Emulator

3-N64 Emulator

4-Halo

Any info is appreciated. Also, I would need Evo 2.x to do this right? I just ordered my Xodus so I could use some help on what to do after I get this mod.

Thanks, Super

#2 BzD

BzD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 10:25 PM

I think you have about 4 gigs to play with, since the XBox reserves the other 4 gig for game caching or something...

#3 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 September 2002 - 11:25 PM

that might be a little too much for the original hd, since halo is almost 5 gigs just by itself.

#4 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:11 AM

Halo takes up all your space right there.

#5 Grandpa

Grandpa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:15 AM

As long as Antz Racing and Shrek will fit, there's no need to upgrade for me! J/K Halo's a little big.

#6 deka

deka

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Xbox

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:25 AM

You can FTP some of the smaller games over to the Orig. HDD but most of those games suck anyway. biggrin.gif

#7 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:28 AM

what you can do is keep the game files on your pc and xfer the files to your xbox when you want to play them deleting other game files that are already on your box, however the downside is, it takes quite a while depending on the size of the game. this is what i'm doing now until i can get my new hd though, and since my a04 burner just came in i now will be able to burn the games to dvd so i may not even need the bigger hd, i don't know we'll see.

#8 deka

deka

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:37 AM

I bought a WD 80GB and I plan on following that 'External Swapable HDD' tutorial. I bought a removable HDD kit and an extra tray to swap the original HDD between the WD 80GB. I'm trying to get my brother to make me an enclosure to hold the kit.

#9 SuperJunxMan

SuperJunxMan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for the replies, so if I dont download Halo, then I can still put the emu's on the HD and still have space to save games, huh?

Thanks, Super

#10 deka

deka

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 05:31 AM

The Emulators themselves are not that big in comparison to the amount of space you have on the original HDD. There are some ISO's that consist of MANY individual ROMS but if you only go for the games you want and the emulators you want, you should have absolutely no problem at all.

#11 owain_thomas

owain_thomas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 06:02 PM

got my xbox chipped the other day and it works fine. There seems to be a decent amount of room on my HD, so far I'v got:

EvoX
video mode select
XBox media player 6
Project Gotham Racing
Dead or Alive 3
Rallisport

on there, plus a 100mb test avi

I just used the ripped ISOs I got from edonkey and used Xiso to extract them, then ftp'd them across, I know there ain't going to be much room left and I know that halo is pretty big, but you can't complain really, three games that run mega fast straight from HD.

Owain

#12 0rbital

0rbital

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:39 PM

I've got the 10 gig drive in my Xbox so I'm just looking forward to loading the harddrive up with emulators and roms and the media player so I can stream off my PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users