• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stupidxbox

stupidxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

My Hitachi was not working anymore so i got a new TS-H943.
The problem is it doesnt read any DVD Movie and any MP3 CD. Nothing.
I know it is not supposed to read games until the firmware is replaced but i think it should read the DVD Movies or atleast mp3 cds. Does it?
I also tried to hack with iPrep boot disk. but my pc doesnt recognize the drive at all. it doesnt even load when the sata cable is plugged in.
I already hacked my origianl Hitachi LG dvd drive using the same pc and same mother board and i could do it successfully.
So do you think is it a problem with the dvd drive or i'm going the wrong way?
Any ideas please let me know.
Thanks.

#2 Mikekay1976

Mikekay1976

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(stupidxbox @ Oct 12 2007, 08:19 AM) View Post

My Hitachi was not working anymore so i got a new TS-H943.
The problem is it doesnt read any DVD Movie and any MP3 CD. Nothing.
I know it is not supposed to read games until the firmware is replaced but i think it should read the DVD Movies or atleast mp3 cds. Does it?
I also tried to hack with iPrep boot disk. but my pc doesnt recognize the drive at all. it doesnt even load when the sata cable is plugged in.
I already hacked my origianl Hitachi LG dvd drive using the same pc and same mother board and i could do it successfully.
So do you think is it a problem with the dvd drive or i'm going the wrong way?
Any ideas please let me know.
Thanks.

my brand new dvd drive (MS25) wouldnt even eject without me putting the firmware on it, so whilst i didnt try specifically, i wouldnt expect it to work for anythign out of the box to be honest.

works great after flashing however smile.gif

#3 HellBoyBell

HellBoyBell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

You will need to spoof your ms25 and inject your Hitachi key into the firmware before the drive will function properly.

Have a look at the Pnned topics and guides regarding flashing Samsung drives as they are different from flashing Hitachi's.

Hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users