1 reply to this topic

#1 HaloChild

HaloChild

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

Hi,

I watch movies alot at ********** on my pc, and I was just wondering if it is possible to watch divx movies streaming on my 360.

HC

PeAcE

Oh, also ive hear that .divx files are the same as avi. So if theres a way to get the default player to load them, thats may work.

Edited by chorizo1, 12 October 2007 - 05:12 PM.

#2 LiteralTruth

LiteralTruth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Many things both techy and not.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

It won't play DivX natively...you'll need to either convert the video to WMV (or Mpeg-2) and then stream it...which takes a lot of time for each file but will function really well or you can transcode it using a third party program (which basically means the program will convert it while you watch it and stream it). This can give slightly dodgy results..,especially if you try to rewind or fast forward...but it means you don't have to wait for ages before you watch your files.

In the meantime...say a little prayer each night that someone has a huge spark of inspiration that lets them realise how they can mod the 360 to let homebrew run on it and we can finally have XBMC360.

I suppose you should also pray that the person who gets that spark of inspiration is involved in the 360 modding community since it would be a bit of a waste if the person who is so inspired is some South American tribesman living in a mud hut in the middle of the rainforest who hasn't ever seen anyone he's not related to, never mind electricity, video games or XBox 360s.

I should have added that tools to do both of these things (encoding and transcoding) can be found in the "Tools" section of the website this forum is on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users