Grandma7621

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:yes i am Truely a Grandmother
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

Hello everyone and i Kindly apreciate you takeing the time to look at this! i would like to first Adress the issue!
i have a Xbox V1.6 A Smatxx v3 <-- item here only came with pin header the 5v dvd rom plug the four wire plug (quick recov,ground,lframe,Do) "that one" lol but that is it! it came with NOTHING else not even the Rebuild thing you guys speak of so i Simpley instaled pin header toke the ilistration from a V2 to wire in what would be the Rebuilder this is the ilustration http://pictures.xbox...xx_quick_16.jpg i hooked up the New dvd power cable and hooked up the red black wire in place on the chip i hooked white wire to the lframe point on board the black to ground! cut the purple and yellow! WOW alot of work and for NOTHING sad.gif
i hooked my already preloaded evox 60gig hdd up and my brand spankin new dvd rom! turned to pupy on! and sad.gif FRAG on,off,on,off,on,off thin the pretty blinking red! no video,eject,audio! just pretty lights!!!! not finished!!
i toke it all back apart! tested all leads With a Yoke (a tole to test cotonuity!) every last point of the New soldier points checked out 100pct! and yes! the do snapp off thing is off! and yes i have already removed the chip and booted from original hard ware SCORE it boots! but not the stupid chip!!! ANY ONE AT ALL I AM BEGGING YOU! PLEASE HELP ME! HERE OR ON MSN OR ON YAHOO! I DO NOT CARE MSN OR YAHOO WEBCAM IS AVALIABLE TO SHOW THE HOLE D4MN thing!!! thanks again!!!! MY MSN AND YAHOO ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tabered01@yahoo.com!!!! thanks again for reading! and some one PLEASE help me! i am going on 6hours of p1ss3d 0ff furry atm!

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

I would email Smartxx or your supplier for an LPC rebuild item, they are usually free, sounds like the chip maybe is second hand they should all come with the rebuild item.

Once you get the board use that (it's probably more fiddly but it's a lot cleaner method) and also make sure your D0 is not lose and your 1.6 connections are fine...

check http://www.smartxx.com for more info..

http://www.smartxx.c...stall_16_v3.pdf

#3 Grandma7621

Grandma7621

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:25 AM

well m8 i apreciated the help kindly! I addressed my vendure and smartxx themselves! on the 16th of this month and yet today the 26th no one wants to respond! so i am at the point i am MORE then willing to make an lpc requilb myself! i just need links or directions to do it! so please kindly assist me further and i would be verry apricative of your help ounce again! and i must note! your first aproach to this was a GREAT DEAL OF HELP and i kindly thank you for the help! please help me a little further! i am learning to walk! give me the link! and i will learn to run!!! ( on makeing the lpc in order to rebuild the bios of my smartxx! i love my chip i want it back alive) even if it means a frankenstein) tongue.gif well thanks again!!!!

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

I don't think you can make your own LPC board because it uses traces..look at page 5 of 6 on the link I provided

http://www.smartxx.c...stall_16_v3.pdf

If you get a board use that, if not it's a wire install which is messy.

If you really want an LPC board, you could ask for one on the X-S BST

http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=12

It should really be free, but you may have to pay for shipping and a couple of $ whatever your currency is, make sure it's for your Smartxx and if it's expensive don't buy it.

I don't know the wire install method look on http://www.smartxx.com or there forums

#5 Grandma7621

Grandma7621

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:34 AM

Omfg! i have the lpc thingy! its orange! tongue.gif i hope i am right! ok! so say i install it! instead of the spider method wich is what would have to happen! how is it going to recover the bios of my smartxx! just curious before i go through another head bang in the situation! and potientialy blow my brains out over this mess! (not realy) but you all can understand my frustration in this mess! or i at least hope so! so if any one can PLEASE explain the tech aspects of the lpc rebuild orange thingy i have in my frosted happy little hands! or simpley tell me hoock it up and turn machine on and bios is fixed i will would be extremley happy! but then i will research why it works or how it works to fix my bios issue! being i never used it before and the bios was fine like said before then it decided to just say hey F4ck you i am out i am tired of working! lol and thanks! A MILLION BUCKO!!!! if i knew the point system or even if i could give you points for your help I WOULD AGAIN A MILLION THANKS TO YOU! weather it works or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smartxx needs to hire you! they suck for tech support!!!

uhm just thought of something shouldn't have my lpc recovery board been installed Before the mod chip decided to go on vacation!!! ??? just a thought! and my thoughts further is that i am going to kick this thing to the kurb and take sugestions on a new one (better one) even though i love this one!! sad.gif

#6 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

SmartXX has an onboard operating system, read the manuals on the http://smartxx.com web site on how to use it.

The LPC rebuild operation is in the manual I linked in my last reply, it looks orange in that so I'm guessing it is right.

#7 Grandma7621

Grandma7621

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:39 AM

sad.gif blink.gif read it been there done that! so!!!! i guess i need to better EXPLAIN MYSELF!!! i ERASED THE BIOS!!!!! ALL THE BANKS! and put executer on there if i am not mistaken! or it was something else! EITHER way i earased all banks for it! the isue is not that it has the recovery bank on the bios the issue is the BIOS IS NOT EVEN FIREING UP!!!!!! oh and tried the lpc rebuild board! a cross veried all points of contact with not only a Fluke but also a volmeter to be a prube in my on work think i am doing something wrong! i would SERIOUSLY LIKE TO NOTE!!!!! THE flash of what i put on there for the bios ( i forget what it was) WORKED WITH OUT FLAW!!! then i turned machine on and bam! it was the fraging for me! THIS IS WHAT I WANT! for better under standing! I am almost CERTAIN that the binary incodeing of the bios has shot its self in one way or another! K so we have that determined! what method can i use! to hock the dead bios up to my Computer and simpley Reprogram it! SO EVERYONE KNOWS!!!!! A did the spider! B did hard wire C did lpc board D did the pin header with a Hard wire lpc! E checked d.o. when it was needed And i rebridge when it was not! and FINALY the Leter E i tryed the bios not only in a 1.4 but in a 1.5 and 3 1.4's and a 1.6! all of them same action! i ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS CHIP! I WANT A METHOD TO HOOK IT TO MY COMPUTER TO REPROBRAM IT! not a step to step guid on how to put it in my xbox or to recover it via smartx way cuase that is not working! i can programer it myself! NP AT ALL! just give me the method to hook it to my computer! to send it to it! thx for the help! even though all help was with flaw! i still greatly APRECIATE IT!!! and bucko so you know tongue.gif next time! you call me bud in pm i am a female! >< no hard fealings just letting ya know!

Side notE i forgot! it is not a Bad flash i did! the bios ran for months with out flaw and then i turned it on and bam it went fragging on me!

#8 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:23 PM

Did you try recovery mode?

Sounds like you have Quickboot or something enable, there's usually a button combo to boot into SmartXX OS (it's an operating system for flashing bioses on the chip)..

#9 Grandma7621

Grandma7621

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

Bucko! Yes i have quick boot enabled! Before it started fraging! the pwr button! loaded the evox! then the eject button loaded the defualt dash! of the xbox itself! not sure what this has to do with anything but i hope it helps to understand! what my chip is doing or better yet Not doing! tongue.gif

i am not 100pct certain on the recovery process of it! i understand the wire hook ups and everything and i have read everything on dong it! from what I UNDERSTNAD simpley have the recovery wire wire to the board! via negative polarity (Ground) and turne machine on! and or short out the little recovery pads on the chip and turn machine on! and from that i also gathered it should do it itself or something! I VERY EASLY AM CONFUSED AT THIS STEP! this truely might be my fualt at why it is not recovering! ideas! suggestion! go for it Bucko! call me anything as Tard or handicaped if i am wrong! smile.gif then the answer! and thanks hun

#10 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

maybe just try this first.

http://faq.smartxx.c....php?article=12

For reference

http://faq.smartxx.c....php?article=37

Edited by bucko, 02 December 2007 - 12:57 AM.

#11 Grandma7621

Grandma7621

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:52 AM

well omfg! i think we might be getting some where if the fact that it some how fraged the settings! or one of my grandchildern was playing with the settings! >< i will try this by monday at the latest and let you know how it fairs out! Thanks ounce again bucko! and if you save this chip! for me! i will love you FOREVER!!!! and i VERY EASLY see the grand kids playing around with the settings!( and me trying to get all techy on the situation when it is a simple press of a button! if it is i will kick my self in the rear for a while!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users