• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiberious Neruda

Tiberious Neruda

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:50 AM

Well, I've got a (soft-)modded XBox, and after pulling the files off my SFAC disk for HSF2, I decided to have a peek at the XBE (I'd previously hex-edited the HSF2 XBE, as well as SF3's, to give them more 'proper' names), and I noticed a win quote, as well as an ending text, that I didn't recognize before, and they're almost certain to belong to Akuma:

My fists will show you the depths of your weakness!

"Who... or what... are you?"

"I am your shadow. Death comes to those who find this shadow cast upon them."

"Hmpf! No shadow can harm the master of darkness himself! I do not fear death. I laugh in its face."

Gouki [sic] disappears into darkness, leaving mysteries behind.

"Evil empire? Don't make me laugh. the strongest always win. It's a foregone conclusion."

Now, how would I reactivate these 'missing' lines of dialogue from the game? If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

#2 mr. newbie

mr. newbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

nice find! have you tried any other hcaks or mods?

#3 Tiberious Neruda

Tiberious Neruda

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

No, I haven't, but a hack to the other title (SF3) to have it running at arcade speed also has my curiosity.

The text in question is done in standard ASCII format, and is in among the winquotes and endings for the other characters. Strangely enough, there's also a Spanish translation, however these two didn't make it, for whatever reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users