Xplic1T

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

Sup guys, Ive seen a lot of stuff floating around but I've just got a simple question. I flashed my drive with Xtreme 4.2 and i want to get the new ixtreme fw on it.

I heard theres a way to update the f/w without the need of the 0800 disk using the bad flash method. What i dont get is, is my drive an ms-25 as it was b4 i flashed it or a ms-28 after my putting xtreme 4.2 on it.

#2 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Xplic1T @ Oct 18 2007, 02:25 PM) View Post
Sup guys, Ive seen a lot of stuff floating around but I've just got a simple question. I flashed my drive with Xtreme 4.2 and i want to get the new ixtreme fw on it.

I heard theres a way to update the f/w without the need of the 0800 disk using the bad flash method. What i dont get is, is my drive an ms-25 as it was b4 i flashed it or a ms-28 after my putting xtreme 4.2 on it.

Since Xtreme v3.x (if memory serves me correctly), the hacked firmware has been based off of ms28 firmware. It also has 'firmguard' built into the firmware, which you can disable with the enable0800 disc. If you dont have a VIA chipset, you will need to do this. Read the upgrading section of this tutorial.

Caster.

#3 samsbak

samsbak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Just did this last night with VIA 6124 and it went fine. No 800 enable disc here...just get the Iprep and Ixtreme firmware and a usb stick...use iprep ...boot from pen drive and do the 10-second trick...idump xxxxxx-xxxxx...10 second trick .....then iFlash xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

I didnt have 800 enabler or my original firmware or key...everything went fine
biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users