• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:B.a.s.e. Jumping, and modding anything that can modded, loud bass, the kind the hurts your ears
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:28 AM

I have succesfully flashed drives multiple hitachis and sammys with my desktop (do not have it anymore) using a moddifed mtkflash and a pci sata card, Currently running 5.2c on my ms28, ok now to the quistion, Can you mod a 360 with a laptop? I know that i will have to boot from usb with a moddified mtkflash , is there a pcmcia card that is capable of backing up the f/w and flashing the drive? if so please let me know, and send me the links, if this is a repost I apologize I looked around but I must have overpassed it, thank you

#2 rvas18

rvas18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:13 AM

I think this is what you will need http://www.divineo.c...-us/dd-360-xusb its xecuter USB connectivity kit. It should allow you to flash a drive with the USB on your laptop

#3 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:B.a.s.e. Jumping, and modding anything that can modded, loud bass, the kind the hurts your ears

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:24 AM

Thank you that is what i need, I knew all about that thing it slipped my mind.

#4 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:54 AM

WAIT and don't order!

The xecuter USB kit only works with Hitachi <78 !!!

It cannot be used for samsung drives or newer hitachi's

for samsung you need to flash in DOS and have a via chipset. Hitachi can be flashed in windows, but you need the connectivity kit to put it in ModeB first (only works on hitachi <78) and then windows will recognise the drive that's connected to the USB kit

Edited by cypher21, 19 October 2007 - 06:56 AM.

#5 Kypreos

Kypreos

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

I was able to only able to flash my Hitatchi drive with the Xecuter connectivity kit w/ my laptop. I don't think it can be used for Toshiba-Samsung drives.

#6 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

I noticed no sammy support as I was going over it, so if anyone does come across a solution please post it, thank you ahead of time.

#7 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

the only solution is a via pci card in a PC

can NOT be done with a laptop!

#8 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

That is not cool, I'll just wait for some team to release some usb reader/flasher. I guess until then I'll play the patient game,..

#9 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Mysoundhurts @ Oct 22 2007, 08:31 PM) View Post

That is not cool, I'll just wait for some team to release some usb reader/flasher. I guess until then I'll play the patient game,..

LOL

I think you'll lose that game tongue.gif
don;t you have any friends with a normal pc? if so, just buy a via card (15 dollar or so) and use their pc for a couple of mins

#10 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(Mysoundhurts @ Oct 22 2007, 07:31 PM) View Post

Find some second hand hardware and put yourself a cheap PC together for around $100.

You do not need anything powerful. Just any old motherboard with a free PCI slot will do.

#11 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:51 AM

Yeah you are right, I shoud just use a friends comp or get another desktop, but i want to be fullly mobile

#12 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

Anymore info on this? I have an express sata card.. I just though I would ask onemore time, yes I could buy desktop or use friends, but I am going for the mobile approach, thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users