#1 PS3Scene

PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:31 AM

Posted by XanTium | 20-10-2007 21:31 EST

From n4g.com:

Gametrailers interviewed Ryan Payton about new features, user feedback and blu-ray necessity with Metal Gear Solid 4. The most interesting segment being when they asked Ryan Payton if Blu-ray was needed for MGS4. He replies: "The fact remains that we couldn't do what what we're doing on MGS4 without Blu-ray because we really eat up that capacity".

Full Story: gametrailers.com
News-Source: n4g.com

#2 ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

This is hard to read because there is not a TOPIC for this forum posting.
On topic MGS4 looks stunning, can't wait to enjoy it.

#3 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

I think it looks good but the textures and color range are lacking in my opinion. Also if they need all that room mabye they should tighten up there code a bit.

I would agree that in the near future there will be a need to go beyond dvd9, the thing is right now amazing things are still happening with dvd9 so to say all that space is absolutely neccesary is a little like bs to me.

#4 Verity

Verity

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Oct 21 2007, 05:53 AM) View Post

Also if they need all that room mabye they should tighten up there code a bit.

Metal Gear is like the very definition of FMV-Hell.

Most of each game is a little bit of sneaking around action followed by several minutes of frustrating, hair-pulling movie sequences. Which gets worse in each successive game. The only reason they claim to "need" extra capacity is because it's mostly movie footage.

MGS4 is one of a very minority of titles continously being held up as the standard bearer for Blu-Ray. Other developers don't seem to be complaining about DVD's size, and are making better use of in-engine cinematics when necessary.

Sony is trying desperately to find a rationale for delaying the PS3 and forcing expensive Blu-Ray crap into the game console market. One FMV-riddled game parroted over and over again isn't convincing anyone but the biggest Sony fanbois. To Sony's chagrin, backwards-compatibility seems to be higher on gamer's feature requests than worry about swapping discs.

#5 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:05 AM

All the cut scenes I've seen so far for MGS4 appeared to be rendered in real time. That would take up far less space than actual video files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users