Photo

Anyone Here? Easy Problems- Please Answer!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdb1981

jdb1981

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:25 AM

I was just wondering if anyone still monitors this board...

I played Morrowind "Pure" for at least 1500 hours or more after it came out, and I would really only enjoy it again if I could cheat a little to avoid the boring parts... I've already played through the "Real" game a few years ago to exhaustion, pretty much.

I can't get any Mods to work. I place all the files in the "Data Files" folder in my "Morrowind" file on my Xbox (which contains all the files extracted from a GOTY .iso file) and have tried running it from both "morrowind.xbe" and "default.xbe", and it doesn't pick up any of the mods at all. I don't want to get a game started and have it crap out halfway in, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have tried to hex edit the morrowind.xbe file using the suggested method, but it tells me:
"Error opening file morrowind.xbe"

I'm willing to buy another copy of the game if I need to...

But I did try replacing it with an .iso I modified using the "ppf-o-matic" patch, but it didn't work.

Other than that, I have put all the mods in the right place, and even tried only to use mods that have only .esp files (no Meshes or Textures, etc) just to see if they'll work... Even one at a time. And nothing works.

The game runs fine (except small graphical glitches in loading screens.)

All I really want is to have pretty much all the items, up my scores to all 100s, be invincible (like, an item with agility +1000 or something) and have a house to store as much crap as I want in, so I can just explore the game as I see fit. I'm willing to use gamesave mods, as well. I just want to poke around in Vvradenfell a bit, see if I missed anything the first time. I'm fine with being a cheater, as I've already beaten every part of this game "straight" years ago.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, so I can have a little more fun with this classic game?

I hope someone is out there, the main person that posted in here seems to be banned...

Thanks in advance!

#2 forprog

forprog

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

I am the current mod for this game forum. Feel free to look around the stickys and posts for all the answers you are looking for as they are there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users