#1 kram87

kram87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:57 AM

I recently installed an xecuter3 CE chip and XBMC in my xbox. The next logical step is, of course, a larger hard drive. I have scoured the internet for a good tutorial for installing a new hard drive, but it seems that every how-to contradicts another one or are very different in their approaches. Also, all of the tutorials I have found require evox but I use XBMC as my main dash with no other dash installed. I've been gathering bits and pieces from varies sites but I am still not entirely clear on how to accomplish this, what seems like, simple task. All I know is that I need to backup my C and E partitions as well as my eeprom and possibly make a boot CD depending on how I do this.

To sum it up, I use XBMC as my dash and I need to install a larger hard drive (it will be less than 137 gb) without installing a different dash. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 bsbllmvp05

bsbllmvp05

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

use xboxhdm:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=203561

#3 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

no!

he has an x3, simply put in the new drive, it will recognize and format it, then either boot to x3cl for ftp access, or get an autoinstaller to add all your apps to the new drive.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:21 AM

Either way will work. You can use Slayer's to prep the new drive then FTP everything back to the new drive to have it the same as before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users