5 replies to this topic

#1 Walhaddi82

Walhaddi82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

Hi,

So I am new to this hacking stuff, but I got into it. I got a Hitachi 47DJ. Flashed it with Ixtreme 1.2. Bought the Samsung 162c (Don't know the exact name) with Kreon 1.00 and installed it in my PC. I also purchased the pioneer 112D with some Verbatim DVD+R DL discs from newegg and waiting on those to come (TOMORROW).
I am using Xbox Backup Creator to copy and burn the games. So far I only copied one game to see how it works. Can't burn any because my burner is coming tomorrow.
The question I have is this:
How long does it usually take to burn a 360 game? Lets say the game is 6.00 GB, how long will it take?

Another question:
When you copy a game you get 2 files, .ISO and .dvd why is that? I read that with xbox bckup creator you only burn the ISO. file, but what is the .dvd for?

Another question (This I think has been answered):
Is it the slower the speed when burning the better the copy will be? I heared a lot of people burn at 4x, is that the best?

Just to let you know that when you copy games to the PC, the game MUST be clean and no scratches on it. I tried to copy my BIOSHOCK game, but it has some scratches and it wouldn't let me.

I will let you know how things go for me on Tuesday.
Thank you

#2 replicant69

replicant69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

If you search around the forums or look at the textbook then you'll find these questions answered, but to help:

A game of about 7gb takes approx 40mins give or take a min or two (based on a 2.4x)

.iso and .dvd files, both are created when you backup your original.... the .iso file is the game data and the .dvd file if im right is the layer break information. Either way, in XBC click on one of the files and it will burn the image accordingly.

You can use what you like, 2.4x seem to be most popular and a more reliable burn, however, this isnt exactly 100% true, some will burn at 4x and even 8x and have 100% success rates.

Edited by replicant69, 21 October 2007 - 03:01 PM.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:15 PM

Yup, I have burn at 4x, 6x and 8x on DL Verbatim with no trouble. You have to check the country of origin these days on DL Verbatim though, as a bunch of the 2.4x official rated stuff is now produced by Moser Baer in India.

#4 Walhaddi82

Walhaddi82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

I burned so far 2 of my games at 2.4X because thats what is perfered. It takes about an hour for me to finish a game.

#5 MarutiDriver

MarutiDriver

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

In my case, burning at 2.4x using memorex and verbatim media gives me some dirty disc errors, when burning at 4x I don't get any problems at all. Weird, I know, but as long as the games work I don't care.

#6 finduz

finduz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

Okay, a little question.

The .dvd file is only for layer breaker info? If so, I don't need it if I use IMGburn to set the layer breaker there, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users